Auto RX test: before pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HangerHarley
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Did demarpaint's post disappear? Am i losing my grip on reality?

Do you mean this one? It's still here.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
No MMO either, except in fuel.

You might want to add MMO for the rinse phase. I've chatted with a few guys over the past few months that reported much better results adding MMO for the rinse phase. I'm not trying to start a flame war here just suggesting what some A-Rx users have discovered, especially in really sludged up engines.

I meant.. WHEN (If??????) I get my car back, i was going to ARX it for Compression and Ring benefits, sludge be [censored] (though i have so much sludge i have Chocolate Oil if its not an HG.)

I was mentioning id use MMO and other stuff in the -GAS- while double dose, SuperTech 10W-40ing ARXing it.. Not in the OIL!

Did you mean MMO in Rinse, AFTER 5000 miles anf filter change at 1500 (?) miles of ARX?

I am losing it. I know it.

PM sent!

Originally Posted By: Trav
The new oils like PU will keep them clean anyway.I am a little sceptical that a 3oz maintenance dose of genie in a bottle is going to give any significant MPG improvement in any engine.

PU maybe but PP definitely does not.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Originally Posted By: Trav
The new oils like PU will keep them clean anyway.I am a little sceptical that a 3oz maintenance dose of genie in a bottle is going to give any significant MPG improvement in any engine.

PU maybe but PP definitely does not.

Ive thought about skipping ARX altogether and trying RP. People say RP cleans it up soo well....

However, if compression benefits (?) are to be found AND Ring cleaning, then ARX may beat even RP.

Double dosing for 5000 miles? SOO many say theyve had great results that way. on SuperTech, or even an HDEO - with A-Rx?

I've used MMO to clean up engines pretty well. I just acquired a hand me down 99 Tracker from my dear old dad. 150k on it. I changed the oil with Penn High Mileage 10w-40 and 1.5 quarts of MMO. I run that fill for about 3000-4000 miles then dump. It does a really good job. Never ever had an issue doing it this way. I know people that swore by MMO back in the 80's that would add a quart to every oil change they did. Their cars would last them hundreds of thousands of miles. The bodies rotted off long before the engines ever shows signs of giving up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back