Pontiac Vibe' timing belt or timing chain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess my choice has been made. I was going to purchase the Buick this Friday. Only 39k miles, one owner. I sold it to a lucky older farm couple today. I've found a Vibe at a local dealership. Still thinking about an Aveo for a lower payment. Know that the Vibe is the better bet.

Originally Posted By: otis24
Still thinking about an Aveo for a lower payment. Know that the Vibe is the better bet.

Versus the Aveo, the Vibe is the FAR better bet.

My co-worker has an older vibe. It looks like a Matrix. He drives about 350 miles a day in it and has 240k on it now. At 200k the automatic went out and he repaired it. I forget the details but he said it was fairly simple to drop the trans.

The power windows half work and the door handle just broke so he electrical taped a butter knife in place.

Says he gets over 30mpg even after its been dropping down since his cat is clogged. His maintenance: 5000 mile changed on 10w30 MobilClean5000. Every 3 weeks.

Originally Posted By: otis24
Just received a one-owner 2005 Impala (3400 engine) with only 23k miles. May be an option.

We have a fleet of the Impalas (2002-2010). These cars have to have the worst transmissions ever built. It is not uncommon for them to be slipping and acting up at 75,000. I would not even consider them. Might be worth looking in to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back