gumout regane.... my experience (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have always been one of those guys who is very in tune with his car. when shocks get old, i feel it and replace them, same with brakes.
if i can feel something, i replace or repair, its just who i am.

so when my car began losing power, and my MPG tanked, i knew something was up.

in the past i had tried snap gas treatment, it never worked.
i tried stp, it didnt work when i used it. neither did lucas, i never could feel a difference with these products.

after searching on here, i learned of regane.

i had intended to purchase techron plus, but i had heard gumout regane was just as good or better for a cheaper price.

so i drove my car until a quarter tank, dumped the bottle of regain into the tank and drove the two miles or so to the fuel station.

i didnt feel much before fueling, other than a steadier idle, and a hair more low end power.

i fueled up and proceeded to get on the highway, and i drove it hard.about 2 minutes after getting to 75mph, i noticed my car was a hair louder, but had much more power.

i slowed down, pulled over to the breakdown lane, waited for a clear break and punched it.

it accelerated faster, had much more low end power and generally sounded better.

typically if i really get on the gas, i can actually see the gauge move, i have actually burned through as much an 1/8th of a tank just getting up to speed on the highway.
well, not anymore.

i unleashed the beast, numerous times and i currently have 50 miles on this tank, 50 very hard miles. 50% highway with starts and stops, going to 3/4 to WOT. and 50% city driving, which with my luck means hitting every red light in town.

about my car, it is an 03 crown victoria police interceptor.
135k miles, used by the wv state police.

i bought it, and had other things that needed fixing, so i neglected the oil for a year, but in my defense it had been changed right before i bought it. i went 12k on that oci. i changed the oil and went with PYB 5w20, and an fl820s.

i drive it much like an officer would, i had extended idle times, in the summer i ran the A/C for my dogs, and winter i ran the heat. usually no more than 30-40 minutes.

so im thinking that between the bad gas i got last week, and all the crud from my previous OCI, maybe it was cruddy up in the intake valves and injectors.

yes, gumout regane works.
atleast for me.

i idled it for a few minutes before i drove off.

i also ran the dog snot out of it.

it wasnt night and day before i filled up.

it was just a bit smoother. like you couldnt see the steering wheel vibrate as much.

on a scale of one to ten, it improved from a solid 1, to about a 2or 3 in two miles.

within 10 miles it sounded different and had way more power.

im gonna replace the air filter today, see if i cant squeeze another mpg out of it.

Originally Posted By: wvcvpi2003
i have always been one of those guys who is very in tune with his car. when shocks get old, i feel it and replace them, same with brakes.
if i can feel something, i replace or repair, its just who i am.

so when my car began losing power, and my MPG tanked, i knew something was up.

in the past i had tried snap gas treatment, it never worked.
i tried stp, it didnt work when i used it. neither did lucas, i never could feel a difference with these products.

after searching on here, i learned of regane.

i had intended to purchase techron plus, but i had heard gumout regane was just as good or better for a cheaper price.

so i drove my car until a quarter tank, dumped the bottle of regain into the tank and drove the two miles or so to the fuel station.

i didnt feel much before fueling, other than a steadier idle, and a hair more low end power.

i fueled up and proceeded to get on the highway, and i drove it hard.about 2 minutes after getting to 75mph, i noticed my car was a hair louder, but had much more power.

i slowed down, pulled over to the breakdown lane, waited for a clear break and punched it.

it accelerated faster, had much more low end power and generally sounded better.

typically if i really get on the gas, i can actually see the gauge move, i have actually burned through as much an 1/8th of a tank just getting up to speed on the highway.
well, not anymore.

i unleashed the beast, numerous times and i currently have 50 miles on this tank, 50 very hard miles. 50% highway with starts and stops, going to 3/4 to WOT. and 50% city driving, which with my luck means hitting every red light in town.

about my car, it is an 03 crown victoria police interceptor.
135k miles, used by the wv state police.

i bought it, and had other things that needed fixing, so i neglected the oil for a year, but in my defense it had been changed right before i bought it. i went 12k on that oci. i changed the oil and went with PYB 5w20, and an fl820s.

i drive it much like an officer would, i had extended idle times, in the summer i ran the A/C for my dogs, and winter i ran the heat. usually no more than 30-40 minutes.

so im thinking that between the bad gas i got last week, and all the crud from my previous OCI, maybe it was cruddy up in the intake valves and injectors.

yes, gumout regane works.
atleast for me.

sounds like an ad for Regane in one of those review deals. to much detail,,u got pics of the internals of the engine before and after too?

I've noticed a change in 20-30 miles, as soon as the Regane-laden gas reaches the engine. It goes from idling smoothly to "check to make sure it's on" smooth.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
I've noticed a change in 20-30 miles, as soon as the Regane-laden gas reaches the engine. It goes from idling smoothly to "check to make sure it's on" smooth.

The same effect I get with Shell gas. My truck just loves it and 90% of the time better mileage also.

Quote:
sounds like an ad for Regane in one of those review deals. to much detail,,u got pics of the internals of the engine before and after too?
lol.gif
If posting the before/after "internals" is the new standard for posting anecdotal experiences here and on the oil additives board, perhaps both boards would need to be eliminated. Case in point, the latest zmax filibuster thread on the OA board. Hadn't seen any "internals" posted there but that hasn't stopped endless anecdotal posts on that fluid. To say nothing of 'sounds like an ad and too much detail.' Just sayin.

As for the OP, sounds like your 'italian tune up' with Regane did some valve/injector cleaning. Don't use many additives but Regane is one of my semi regular maintenence cleaning products added to the fuel. Very reasonably priced and seems to get the job done. Good product, IMO.

Originally Posted By: Brett Miller
1/8 of a tank speeding up? I call [censored].
its an oilgasm thing to quote someone else in here.lol

1/8 of a tank speeding up sounds like the gas sloshes to the back of the tank under hard acceleration and the pickup is near the front, to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back