AcDelco PF61 Ecore 5k Miles Chevy5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter was on for 6 months and 5k miles, about 80% city driving, a couple 40 mile trips thrown in, OLM read 39%. Oil used was Chevron Supreme 5w-30, as you can see in the photos the leaf spring and ADBV were on very snug. End caps were on secured, and the seam on the media suffered no damage or holes. All in all good filter.

pf61.jpg

pf611.jpg

pf612.jpg

pf613.jpg

pf614.jpg

pf615.jpg

pf616.jpg

pf617.jpg

pf618.jpg

pf619.jpg

pf6110.jpg

pf6111.jpg

Looks the same as the ST in your other post and similar if not exactely to the CHAMP that I also mentioned. E-Core design I beleive!

Would you agree that the endcaps are more of a firm felt-like material, not cardboard ?

The Ecore caps are better than the fram IMO. They feel sturdy and I had a couple frams that the top endcap sperated in some places.

Good looking filter.A/C now has the PF61E that i had to use on the last oc for our Trailblazer(what Wally W had) i'm afraid it isn't the filter quality of the original PF61 i can't find anything other than PF61 is Duraguard and PF61E is OEM.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: cryption
Another e-core that didn't dissolve .... they aren't so bad ....
.... until they are.

If they come with tight even pleats they are a nice filter. If they don't, you risk tearing a hole. If they came in a clear can I'd buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back