Great Counter person at AAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
Went in to pick up my $3.99 0W-20 Mobil 1 the other day, and had the nicest most knowledgeable person wait on me.

He asked me if I really only wanted 11 qts, I replied my truck only uses 5.5 qts and doesn't use oil. He said it sounds like you got a good one.

He asked is that your Toyota out front and I replied yes. He then said that Toyota recently approved 10K oil changes when using 0w-20 oil. And I responded that I was aware of that fact. He also offered me the opportunity to buy 2 Pure Ones for $10. But I said no Thank You as I was already sitting on 3 filters.

We got to talking about how a lot of engine wear occurs at startup in a cold engine, and said I was smart for choosing a 0W oil. I concurred and signed the pickup sheet.

The surprise was that this person was about 20 years old, and was so polite and professional during the entire checkout. I wonder if he was a BITOG member.

I was impressed at the level of respect and friendliness on a sale that I doubt that they made any profit. And on top of it all they were quite busy.

Kudos to AAP for hiring such a pleasant person to represent their company.

Originally Posted By: daman
Maybe he was the O'reillys girl's boy friend? lol

ROFL @ Daman

Once in a while you get a good one.

We have a commercial account with the local Auto Zone. The guys I deal with are actually pretty [censored] good. They are accurate with the orders and get them out quick.

Originally Posted By: Hermann

The surprise was that this person was about 20 years old, and was so polite and professional during the entire checkout. I wonder if he was a BITOG member.

Hey I'm a 22 year old parts guy and I'm a BITOGer.
grin.gif
I'd like to think I'm pretty polite and professional too. But I work at a Napa in CT, not AAP in Kansas, so it couldn't have been me.
grin.gif

Whenever that happens to me, I make sure to let the store manager know & also send a comment on the corporate web site giving the store location and the person's name.

I have dealt in customer service most of my life in manufacturing quality assurance, so I am somewhat sensitive to things like that I guess. I always try to give praise for things done right instead of just complaining about things gone wrong. It really surprises people because very few people actually do it.

Yep. Comment on the corporate website.

I used to get all sorts of swag when corp got a good comment from a customer. Gift cards mostly but that's always welcome. Even if it's just a $5.00 gift card from McDonalds that was still free lunch for me and a pat on the back once in awhile really helps keep your good service up when you are really busy.

and thanks for reminding me to do the same when I get good service.

A few weeks ago I had sworn off AAP but the $3.99 Mobil 1 EP pulled me back in. I went to a different store and had a great experience. The young man who waited on me was great. I will now only go to this location.

Last edited:
Unfortunatly he was not wearing a name tag. But the store is right next to where I work and may drop in and share my positive experience with the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back