Attn: Dunkin Donuts coffee lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh. Overrated and expensive coffee. It's imprinted in ours minds that it's the coffee of all coffees.

Originally Posted By: shrooms
Meh. Overrated and expensive coffee. It's imprinted in ours minds that it's the coffee of all coffees.

Oh well, tastes vary. I would apply yhe above comment to Starbucks' swill.

They do a very good job of marketing. I have not understood why people like it. I think the revamped McDonalds coffee tastes better.

I used to have some of my dad's DD coffee as a kid growing up in the 90s. I only recently (w/in the past few years) started drinking coffee again, and it's not at all how I remember it tasting. My dad always added sweet n low himself, so making it just like he did when I started drinking it was pretty easy. It just tastes strange to me, and I definitely don't like it.

A buddy at work drinks this stuff exclusively, though, so I'll pass on the word, thanks!

I like DD when it's fresh..... but if the bag is opened and over 2 weeks... not so good.

Caribou Coffee is way better...
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
I like DD when it's fresh..... but if the bag is opened and over 2 weeks... not so good.

Caribou Coffee is way better...
thumbsup2.gif

DD has become too expensive. It lost that simple New England appeal to me. It's always burnt too. I stop at McDonalds now if I'm on the road and get a large for a $1. Better coffee IMO.

Tried Caribou Coffee last year while out in Minnesota. The first cup I had was at the Mall. Absolutely Awesome! I now make it at home.

I went from a bag of DD coffee, to a bag of $2.99 coffee from Aldi's.... and simply couldn't tell a whole lot of difference.

21.gif

DD is probably the blandest coffee I have ever drank. A perfect example of "coffee light".

I hate dunkin doughnuts - an example of a co providing the customer with the lowest quality product at unreasonable prices(re:donuts). And the buildings (every 5 miles) are an eyesore. Speaks volumes of the consumer mentality more than anything though. Up here, Heavenly Doughnuts are the knuts!

Last edited:
I agree with the above comments.

Dunk's USED to be good, and they do a great job of marketing so people THINK they still are. Kinda the FRAM of coffee...

I like Cumby's better.

I am not a coffee drinker, but I have a general dislike for Dunkin Donuts.

My boss, who is from NY, loves the stuff. He is constantly going to the local Dunkin for nasty [censored] iced coffee. I won't touch most of what they serve aside from bagels. Their biscuits are garbage. I guess correct biscuit making isn't a strong point of any Northern company though.

Originally Posted By: dkryan
Ah, Dunkin' Donuts coffee!!

The latest "love to hate" on BITOG!!!

I'll say. I didn't realize this would be such a controversial subject. I wanted to make sure Johnny didn't miss the deal!

Yea, I'm 80% of the way through the 12 oz. bag and it tastes nowhere near what it did when the bag was opened.

Back to Caribou Coffee!!!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
They do a very good job of marketing. I have not understood why people like it. I think the revamped McDonalds coffee tastes better.

+1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back