Rotella SB 0w40 ==>Rotella T5 0w40 still full synt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres a quick question the old Rotella SB 0w40 even though advertised as SB (synthetic blend) was a full synthetic in the 0w40, Now that they have changed the product line to T5 is it still full synthetic or have they changed the oil where its now a synthetic blend and the new T6 is the synthetic?

Used to be, anything with a 0W-X was a full synthetic. Now a days, there are blends with 0W-X. Most 'blends' are/were 10-15% synthetic with the rest being conventional.
The newer blends with 0W-X may not be full synthetic but likely have a larger portion of their blend as synthetic.
I won't take a stab at a percentage as that would result in conflict as to how much and who's and 'how do you know'.
My 2¢

Shell made it confusing by having one PDS for BOTH syn-blend and full-syn oils...yeah, I know!

AFAIK, the 0W-40 Rotella has ALWAYS been a full synthetic, they just hasd it 'lumped in' with the syn-blend oils. If you looked at the PDS, above the specs was the title 'full synthetic' for the 0W-40 grade ONLY.

So, I think the 0W-40 is, and has always been, a full-synthetic oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back