Motorcraft Mercon LV- Turning brown after 16K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown fluid isn't always a reason for concern. This issue has been debated for years, but the OEM position is that fluid color alone is not indicative of fluid failure.

Hi all,

Just happened to see this thread. I have a 2010 Fusion V6 SEL with the 6F35 transmission. Just turned 8K miles. It was built in 11/2009

Noticed the 10-21-9 TSB listed here - 6F35 TRANSMISSION - HARSH 2-3 UPSHIFT - 3-4 UPSHIFT FLARE - HARSH ROLLING ENGAGEMENT

Bought my Fusion back in Feb '10. Initially, I had some concerns about the shift points. Seemed to shift too early but dealer tech thought it was me getting used to the 6 speed.

Then the 10B15 Customer sat. program came (possible valve bore wear) out to reprogram the PCM. Mine was one included. So they did the 10B15 reflash at 2200 miles.

Then at about 6000 miles I started having a 2->3 upshift flare only when the car sat over a few days. Just the first few shifts after it sat. Overnight didn't seem to do it. It had to sit for a few days. So I let the dealer keep it and they did reproduce the shift flare. They contacted Ford hotline.

They found my car didn't seem to have the programming for TSB 09-18-3 (which didn't seem to apply to my car BTW). So, they applied TSB 09-18-3, redid the 10B15 programming and possibly the latest PCM calibration. Anyway, the car drove a lot differently after that. Mostly for the better. Several little quirks listed in 09-18-3 seemed to be gone. Have not experienced any 2->3 flares even after sitting for several days.

But...they did this latest reflash on 10/22. The day that TSB 10-21-9 was published. The 2->3 upshift does seem a bit firm when it's cold though. So, I don't know if this TSB would have been included or not with what they did to my car. Guess I can wait and see how things go.

The whole experience has been a bit concerning with a new car and such low miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back