What is the best oil for 2ZZ-GE engine ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Looking for the best oil for 2ZZ-GE engine in Europe, is installed as a VVTi-L for TS and the new Corolla and Celica.
In Europe there is a perception that the best oil to a high-type engine oil is 5W-40 and 10W-60 often.
There are people who pour competition MOTUL 5W-40, 10W-40 for the whole year.

Also hears about failures bearings,pan, piston pins, and do not know if this is not a result of flooding to the engine oil just dense?

Does anyone of you heard, saw, knows what is best oils in the engine check, which viscosity, API, ACEA?
Maybe someone saw or heard about some big run this engine without difficulty which may suggest a specific oil?

I will be grateful for the help in the subject.

I think here in the USA the 2zz-ge, 5w-30 was recommended. These engines are actually pretty durable, except for the oil pumps. Theses pumps have a tenancy to shatter at high RPM. I think there is an updated part, similar to the one Lotus uses.

I would run the oil weight recommended in the owners manual, Toyota may have spec'ed a heavier oil for European use.

Originally Posted By: wolfc70
I think here in the USA the 2zz-ge, 5w-30 was recommended. These engines are actually pretty durable, except for the oil pumps. Theses pumps have a tenancy to shatter at high RPM. I think there is an updated part, similar to the one Lotus uses.

I would run the oil weight recommended in the owners manual, Toyota may have spec'ed a heavier oil for European use.

The oil pump will fail if the engine is misshifted and you take it to 10,000+ RPM. But if you don't make the mistake you'll have a reliable engine. I know guys with 200,000+ miles on the 2zz engine with no problems. Don't you just love lift.

On topic I use 0w-30 or 5w-30 in my 05 Celica i have no consumption with both dino and synthetic. Currently i have castrol syntec 5w-30 and a P1 filter. On dino i do 5000-6000mile OCI and 7500 to 8000 mile OCI on synthetic.

What will be better for this engine:
Amsoil ASL 5W-30, 10W-30 Amsoil ATM?
Maybe Amsoil AFL 5W-40?

Which oil do you recommend for severe frequent driving?
Is better to 10W-30 Amsoil, Motul 300V 5W-40 or Amsoil Dominator?
Or Amsoil 0W-30 ..?

Or maybe Redline, Penrite?

What are the main parameters of the oil for this engine?
pumping at high speed?
low viscosity or high?

Originally Posted By: Pidziek
Which oil do you recommend for severe frequent driving?
Is better to 10W-30 Amsoil, Motul 300V 5W-40 or Amsoil Dominator?
Or Amsoil 0W-30 ..?

Or maybe Redline, Penrite?

What are the main parameters of the oil for this engine?
pumping at high speed?
low viscosity or high?

What oil does your owners manual recommend for heavy use? (if it even lists it) Maybe that could help if it does list a heavy-duty-use oil...

And nice that you got a 2ZZ-GE, one of the few Toyota engines I can say I like.

As for your engine, I think Mobil 1 is the recommended brand for Toyota engines, but I'm sure other members can provide you with much more useful information than my uninformed self (I'm still new to this place)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back