Husky Pliers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a set from HD (Set of 5 for $9.95)
I would not normally buy a low end set like this, but they really look decent quality, and have a lifetime warranty.
The fist thing i did (in the parking lot) was cut a 3" nail in half with the side cutters, it cut clean, and with no perceivable damage to the pliers.
Seems like a good deal to me.

90% of all the tools I have are Husky Pro and I love them. They are Stanley Pro with a black chrome finish instead of the standard bright chrome. Stanley pro (including husky pro) are the best tools I have ever used. The quality and durability are unmatched! Most of the stanley and husky pro are made in taiwan and dont let that scare you. I have used craftsman, craftsman pro, snap-on, Klein, Kobalt, channel lock and none of them are as good as the Stanley pro IMO, especially when price is considered.
The regular Husky is pretty good too, very high quality and durability for the price. Ditto the regular Stanley tools. Even the Stanley tools Wal-mart has are pretty good and will be plenty good enough even for the advanced home mechanic (as long as they are not ridiculously abused).
The return policy for husky and stanley is good too! Call them up, press 4 for customer service, tell them you have a broken tool you need exchanged, read off the part number (it is on the actual part itself, no matter how small the part might be) and they send you out the new tool with a pre-paid bubble wrap bag to send the broken part back in. Some home depots will even let you do a direct exchange right there in the store, kinda like craftsmen does. Keep in mind in the 8 years I have had my Husky pro tools I have only had to do this once, and it was a allen headed socket I stupidly put on an impact wrench , making it snap.
33.gif

The home depot has some amazing sales going on with Husky tools. Do not hesitate to get-em if you need-em!
thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

I was told that if I had to return them, they would replace them with pliers of equal or HIGHER value.
Seems like a Good Deal to me
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: expat
I was told that if I had to return them, they would replace them with pliers of equal or HIGHER value.
thumbsup2.gif

I was recently at HD and all the tools said you had to have a receipt to take advantage of their lifetime warranty. That's their way out of honoring it.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Originally Posted By: expat
thumbsup2.gif

I was recently at HD and all the tools said you had to have a receipt to take advantage of their lifetime warranty. That's their way out of honoring it.

What happens when you don't have a receipt? At least with Craftsman Tools you walk into Sears and walk out with a replacement part to fix the tool or get a new one, no hassle.

I just want to repeat that just because Husky tools are made by Stanley does mean they are the same quality. I am sure Stanley will produce tool to any quality standard a buyer desires. One needs to look at the line brand not the manufacturer.

Needing a reciept or not will depend on the Home depot employee working in the tool section that particular day you try and return a tool. Most of them will just switch it out for you and then bring it to the returns desk to finish the paper work. Others may want a reciept but I doubt it, the home depot is kinda like wal-mart. They will take returns on just about anything in just about any condition and not give a hoot. lol
If that doesn't work, you can call husky and get it returned as I described above.
All this being said, If you do manage to break a Husky tool (especially husky pro), you probably did abuse it and need to be at least a little honest with yourself about why it broke and just buy a new one.
15.gif

Craftsman does have a good return policy and they are plenty good quality for most of us but I still don't think they have the quality or value of husky, I just returned another craftsman ratchet the other day, they break easily.
I don't want to start a huge argument, just my 2 cents again. Use what works for you and what you like!
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: AMC
I still don't think they have the quality or value of husky, I just returned another craftsman ratchet the other day, they break easily.
I don't want to start a huge argument, just my 2 cents again. Use what works for you and what you like!
cheers3.gif

Craftsman's plain old raised panel ratchets are not very good. How did you break it?

You can still get many Craftsman tools that are made in the USA. The standard wrenches and sockets are all USA. When I was at HD recently, every Husky tool I looked at was made in China except the screwdrivers. I'm not a huge Craftsman fan, but I'll say they are better than Husky tools.

Last edited:
I still only think the regular husky (and stanley) are good tools for the low price you pay. Most of my love is for the husky pro.
It was a standard pear head half inch drive from Craftsman. I am really not to sure what happened but the drive selector jammed up and wouldn't click to the right or left, rendering it useless. That is the second one I have had that happen to.
That is one thing Craftsman has over many other brands though, they are still made in the USA. Most of my tools that are not husky pro are craftsman just for that reason.
All my Husky Pro tools are made in Taiwan. Most of my regular husky tools are made in china. There are only a few regular husky and Stanleys that are made elsewhere.
I might catch some flack for this but country of manufacture has almost nothing to do with quality these days. Times have changed and many companies had to start sending their manufacturing to china. The thing that really matters is American quality control and warranty service.
In other words, Stanley (husky and all the others under it) is still an American company with American quality, they just produce over seas. When it comes to things like tools, I care about performance, durability and value, pretty much in that order. The husky tools (mostly husky pro) are one of the best performers I have found and can really take a beating (craftsman, not so much). I wait for sales and I always get a 10% military discount from the home depot, which sears does not give me.
Keeping all this in mind, Husky is very hard to beat no matter how you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back