HIR H4 bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen these HIR H4 bulbs?
http://www.vstroma.com/HighIntensityInfraRedBulb.htm

I know that the written description of them is incorrect. Any guesses if they are any good???

High%20Intensity%20Infra%20Red%20Bulb.JPG

Who is the manufacturer of this bulb? I had never heard of H4 HIR before. The picture looks like somebody made it at home :) It is an expensive gamble. The two bulb shipped came to $37.40 and that is too rich for my blood.

Are HIR bulbs generally 35W or higher? If they are usually 55W, then do not bother with this one. I did little bit more googling. The original HIR bulbs were 55W. I think I will pass on the 35/35W ones.

- Vikas

HIR bulbs come in 35W (9012) and 55W (9011)
Toshiba and Philips do not make H4 HIR, so I would be very skeptical of this e-bay listing. The bulb shape, with a separate glass support rod, is similar to the original GE HIR, that's been out of production for a while.

That's not a standard H4 bulb. Look at the filaments--they are not the same, and there is no glare shield for low beam. Don't use those to replace your car headlights--bad for you, and other drivers!

ETA - those are probably meant for maybe driving lights, where you have a combo fog/drive beam or something. Maybe an older car? I think I have seen some bulbous designs for older cars.

Last edited:
I'm skeptical, also. They are sold by a motorcycle products vendor who generally sells OK Asian copies of higher priced good stuff. Some motorcycles have very limited charging capacity, so if high wattage extras are added like halogen driving lights and heated apparel, any electrical load savings is important.

Originally Posted By: Ursae_Majoris
HIR bulbs come in 35W (9012) and 55W (9011)
Toshiba and Philips do not make H4 HIR, so I would be very skeptical of this e-bay listing. The bulb shape, with a separate glass support rod, is similar to the original GE HIR, that's been out of production for a while.

To be more accurate, the only HIR bulbs are the 9011 65W, and the 9012 55W. The rest I completely agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back