Purolator PureONE PL10111 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished cleaning up from cutting it open. I used a Dremel tool. It was on my cav for 2700 miles with Valvoline Maxlife Blend 10W-40. The ADBV definitely worked, it was full of oil, as you can see. The can isn't very thick, but probably it is the right thickness for the size filter. The media felt very sturdy, even after sitting full of oil for months it was still very stiff. Very little pleat deflection. It is a dome end bypass, with a Silicon ADBV. It is rated for 99.9% efficiency at 20um. Made in USA.

DSC04479.jpg

DSC04478.jpg

DSC04480.jpg

DSC04481.jpg

DSC04484.jpg

DSC04485.jpg

DSC04486.jpg

DSC04488.jpg

DSC04489.jpg

DSC04500.jpg

DSC04502.jpg

DSC04491.jpg

DSC04491.jpg

Originally Posted By: 2oldtommy
Try 5k miles for your next OCI. That filter is still hardly dirty IMO. --Oldtommy

That filter has been sitting on the shelf since october. I'm on the current fill of PP, going to 7500 on it. I wanted to get the oil changed, and get thinner oil in it before winter, that is why I changed it so early.

So what is so great about that filter? It only had 2700 miles on it, any filter should look at least like that after so few miles.

I'm glad to see Purolator still uses a metal crimp at the media seam instead of glue like some other filters out there.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
So what is so great about that filter?

If you need to be explained that........

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
So what is so great about that filter? It only had 2700 miles on it, any filter should look at least like that after so few miles.
Oh great, you just had to come in here and rain on the parade did'nt-cha?!
lol.gif

Nice lookin filter BTW.

Last edited:
Nice pics.....

I'm a big PureOne fan...have a PA10241 on right now w/3000 miles on it.

Will replace it at about 7000...and hopefully have someone cut it open and take pics.

Last edited:
I've cut open some PureONEs with 5k miles on them, they looked excellent. Uniform pleats and everything was in order. This filter looks good too.

Does anyone miss the old Blue cans? I always liked that can for the Pure One. But the Grippy new one is nice too. They should have coated the old blue one on the end with the yellow grippy stuff. That would have looked really cool.

I have complete confidence in PureOne filters....and use them exclusivly for medium OCI's of 7500+/-.

Thanks for the great pics... proving they are a great filter.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bustednutz
Does anyone miss the old Blue cans?

They definitely looked better than that baby poop mustard color. The rough finish is useful though.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
I have complete confidence in PureOne filters....and use them exclusivly for medium OCI's of 7500+/-.

Thanks for the great pics... proving they are a great filter.

How do the pics prove it is a great filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back