Latest Score - Shindaiwa water pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I scooped this up today for $45.00. Stole it for that price really. Wiped the dust off of it, cleaned the spark plug, put some fuel in it, one pull and it fired right up. The thing is in excellent condition and runs strong but I haven't pumped any water with it.

I've been trying to find an on-line manual for it but the Shindaiwa site isn't being very cooperative. The pump/engine model no. is S25P. I figure it's probably around 15 years old. Anyone know where I can get some on-line info on this:

DSCF6059.jpg

I bought a Shindaiwa chain saw and apparently its the exact same as an Echo. I think Echo may have taken them over or they merged.

Yeah, MamalaBay, an active participant here, is a big Shindaiwa fan and he mentioned something to that effect a few months ago.

Echo products are great and taking over Shindaiwa will probably be a good thing. I'd suspect that Echo will absorb the technological advantages of Shindaiwa and incorporate them into their manufacturing process.

I'm just having trouble finding an operator's manual or specifications for this pump.

Originally Posted By: OilNerd
Nice score. Where did you find that for $45?

Kijiji.

Oh, and here's something else of interest. While I was buying the pump, I noticed an old lawn boy in the back yard that looked to be in great shape. I was too giddy about the pump score to ask about the Lawn Boy.

As the Arnold said in "The Terminator"... "I'll be back."

Originally Posted By: JTK
Great find! Looks like a nice little pump. Try "GP25" for manuals: http://www.shindaiwa.com/can/en/_docs/ipls/pumps/gp25.pdf

Joel

Thanks Joel. The link you provided is the parts list but not the manual or specifications. I've been finding bits of info here and there.

It's 24 ccs. 1.3 h.p. Not sure of it's age but it's virtually new. Excellent compression and runs strong. The air filter assembly and cover are missing but I've already fabbed one up, using a paper element filter, a couple of seals/O-rings and a Campbell's soup can.

I have parts setting up with silicone overnight before I do the final configuration, drilling air holes and assembly tomorrow.

Boraticus,
I found the service manual for the engine. Has the specs for the motor, but not the pump. Interested? I can send you the PDF when I get home from work later today...

Dave

Sure. I'll take the service manual. I can PM you with an e-mail address. Thanks a lot!

Got the air filter on and working. Works great.

I put a paper element filter inside the soup. I had to do some measuring on the inside of the can to put in a spacer that would cause the filter to press tightly against the O-ring and seal that I used for the carb side of the air filter. I had some odds and ends left over from motorcycle projects that came in handy and fit as though made for the job. I drilled some 1/8" holes on the bottom of the can to pull air in as well as there is a thin space between the soup can and the original filter mount. Plenty of air gets to the filter. I had the engine up to 11000 rpm with more rpms on tap. Not sure what the max is but I didn't want to spin the pump too high or too long with no water or load on it. All I really wanted to know was whether the engine can breath properly and it appears to.

I might paint the soup can but it doesn't bother me the way it is.

DSCF6072.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back