Promotive is the same as Purolator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell you they are the SAME as Purolators but they ARE made by Purolator. If that makes sense. ie. Champion makes a lot of filters but they vary in quality.

Quote:
I can't tell you they are the SAME as Purolators but they ARE made by Purolator.
+1 But, I'll say no, they are not the same. More likely, less media, perhaps smaller in size, and not as efficient. Many folks say fill in the blank made by Purolator, is the same as the Classic(usually), likely because it sounds good. However, those filters are made by Puro to the specs of the vendor, eg., Pennzoil, Quaker State, Motorcraft etc.

In the case of the ProMotive it's what Advance now uses/sells for their commercial accounts. It takes the place of the PowerFlo, also made by Purolator, as well as the Advance Total Grip which were put in the back and closed out with the commercial accounts. The one difference I have noticed is, unlike the AAP Total Grip, with the ProMotive they have consolidated some of the application and generally use the smaller filter of those applications. Example, in the 14610/7317 application size, the available application is the 14612, which is smaller/shorter but still fits.

But, rather than me telling you, you can see it for yourself thanks once again to river_rat. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1883207 HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back