What oil can i use in my scooter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iam just wondering what engine oil can i use it has in the manual

Engine oil type: (API SERVICE SE,OR HIGHER) but does not state the grade of oil to use and type oil any help much would be appriciated

Thanks

what kind of oil are you talking about? the oil in your gas (2 stroke) or the oil in your engine?

in my vespas, i use SAE 30 non-detergent in the crank case and amsoil dominator (my bikes are both kitted) in the gas.

Nothing listed in the owner's manual? I know some of those "small" engines are very picky and particularly don't like the "energy conserving" oils - but the thing is, most oils ARE labeled "energy conserving" nowadays - I think the only ones that aren't "energy conserving" are SAE 30, and some of the higher weight oils.

Originally Posted By: ahoier
Nothing listed in the owner's manual? I know some of those "small" engines are very picky and particularly don't like the "energy conserving" oils - but the thing is, most oils ARE labeled "energy conserving" nowadays - I think the only ones that aren't "energy conserving" are SAE 30, and some of the higher weight oils.
From my experience, most scooters don't share the engine & tranny oil the way the bigger motorcycles do. My Kymco scooter manual makes no mention of avoiding energy-conserving oils, it just says use 10W-40 oil.

Vic

What I use in mine (Yamaha, Honda, Chinese, etc.) is Rotella T 15w40 - or maybe T6 (5w40) in cold weather. It's hard to beat the price/quality mark with HDEO's. Since most scooters have a CVT, they continuously run high rpm's and need all of the protection they can get - more so if yours is air-cooled.

Of course, i've recently stocked up on DELO since many Wal-marts have it on Rollback for $8.50/gallon. Hard to go wrong at that price and a great oil to boot.

I just purchased a new 2010 Honda elite 110, I dumped the factory fill at 200 miles and decided to try shell rotella t5 10W30. Seems like a good stout oil for a scooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back