Generac Oil Filter Cross Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 16kW Generac residential generator model 05255 with the V-Twin GT-990 engine. Mfg p/n 070185B for the oil filter. Mfg p/n 0C8127 for the air filter.

Wix says the oil filter is their p/n 51394 but when you look at all the models it covers for Generac, my engine isn't listed.

Any help?

I've done the same thing with my John Deere garden tractors (which are all Kawasaki engines).

Cross reference the OE filter with a few different manufacturers (Use Wix, F**m, and Purolator). Then take the results from the cross references, and see if they cross reference to each other. If you get multiple hits, then I'd say you're good to go.

For example. My one JD takes a AM107423 Deere filter. That cross references to a Wix 51394, to a Puro L14476, and a F**m 4967. When I cross ref the Puro L14476 at Wix, it comes back to a 51394. When I cross ref the Puro L14476 at F**m, it comes back to a 4967. When I cross ref the F**m at Wix, it comes back to the 51394. Therefore, the acceptable substitute filters all cross reference each other.

This tells me that each filter is an appropriate cross reference for the original app, and that each filter is a cross reference each other.

At that point, I deem it to be a safe substitute. Note that the Wix 51394 is also acceptable for my Kawasaki's.

Did that all make sense?
crackmeup.gif

Every engine doesn't have to be listed in their "common applications" lists.

The JD and Generac take 3/4" threaded filters. I doubt that your engines can over-PSI or overflow an oil filter used in cars.

You can use just about ANY 3/4" threaded filter. Various Toyotas, Suzukis, Fords, Dodges...... use 3/4" filters.

This opens up various sizes and numerous brands.

Quote:

I have a 16kW Generac residential generator model 05255 with the V-Twin GT-990 engine. Mfg p/n 070185B for the oil filter. Mfg p/n 0C8127 for the air filter.

Wix says the oil filter is their p/n 51394 but when you look at all the models it covers for Generac, my engine isn't listed.

Any help?

If the air filter is 11.5" tall (long?) ..then I think that it's a CA326 Fram

p524355-016-140.jpg

Now the oil filter ...I'LL BET is a simple 3/4-16 mini Ford/mopar filter as are used on Kabota and others..

Here's what I grabbed from another site:

Genuine Generac Oil Filter 70185D / 070185D. - OR MAY BE MARKED 70185B*

Fits most Generac Air Cooled engines used in Home Standby, RV & Portable Generators
Check your filter # or refer to your manual.

Replaces part numbers #

* 070185B
* 70185GS
* 70185D
* 1323 or 1323-0 (Home Depot, etc.)
+ FROM HOME DEPOT's Web Site:
Internet # 168814 / Catalog # 100342110
Store In-Stock SKU # 368372

Those numbers (some of them) work in the WIX x'ref
dunno.gif

Go to the Wix website filter lookup page. Select off road. Then you can look for your filter by engine or by generator model. I found my motorhome oil filter there, I think by the engine. Odd thing, Wix does not make an air or fuel filter for it.

http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/index.asp

Hmmmm, not working. I did Off Highway, Generac, Generator, then Engine and it's not listed. You can also look up the generator model, but yours is not listed. All the listed generators have some letters with the number. Sure 05255 is the entire number?

As a last resort you can message Wix from their site and give them all the info.

Interesting, my Generac GN480 takes the same filter, Wix 51394. But it does list mine under the applications:
GENERAC+Generators Q55G w/GN480 Engine

Yes, you need to call or email Wix.

Generac 0C8127 / C8127 Air Filter, Genuine
Genuine Generac air filter fits many larger V-Twin GT990, GT760, etc. We recommend the Generac 0C3040 pre-cleaner for 0C8127 Filter, Genuine

Check here. They frequently list both OEM and other part numbers in the listing
http://www.partsfortechs.com/asapcart/

Well, low and behold AMSOIL wrote back & had a match: EaO09. Gary, does that sound right to you?

TallPaul,
You ran into the same thing that I did which is why I posted. The GN engines show up in filter cross reference guides, but not the GT series. Is the GN engine a Briggs & Stratton? Generac claims they make the GT engines in WI. I dunno.

I HAVE THE SAME GENERATOR. THE WIX 51394 AND 51396 ARE CORRECT FILTER. I USE THE 51396 BECAUSE IT IS A LITTLE LONGER. USE THE 51396 ON THREE GENERACS, 1 JOHN DEERE, & 1 TOYOTA. ALL SPEC SAME FILTER.

thanks hatcoleman. That is excellent info. I will switch to teh 51395. Every spec is exactly the same as the 394 except it is about 0.405" longer. I had looked at some loger filters, I think maybe the FL400 (Motorcraft #) but it was too long for good clearance on my generator. The 395 will work great.

Generac and Briggs and Stratton. Seems I have heard of that connection before. Google it and you should discover what it's about.

I bought a Wix 51394 and everything fit fine. I'll buy an AMSOIL next time I place an order.

One interesting side note was that the oil was green!

I did some research on Generac and I found the GT990, and the oil filter recommended is the STP S4967, or a Super Tech ST4967. Sorry couldn't find anything on air though.

Can anyone give me the kawasaki numbers for John Deere oil filter # Am107423 and J.D. air filter # M113621?

Just curious ..what does a Kawasaki filter offer you that others don't?

I have no x'ref that works in that direction. You're the first I've run into that wants the rebadged item over the more common OTC item.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

I have no x'ref that works in that direction. You're the first I've run into that wants the rebadged item over the more common OTC item.
The name on the filter. Kawasaki has a nice ring to it and I have pleasant memories of my days riding my Kawasaki motorcycles. Kawasaki say it. Ka wa sa ki.

I'm trying to set up a "new dealer" order for filters. The John Deere filters fit a good customers machine.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
The name on the filter. Kawasaki has a nice ring to it and I have pleasant memories of my days riding my Kawasaki motorcycles. Kawasaki say it. Ka wa sa ki.

Sounds like a good reason to me!!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: RWEST
Originally Posted By: Steve S

Sounds like a good reason to me!!
thumbsup2.gif

Works for me too!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back