Beck/Arnley oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this on Advance Auto Parts` site. In the picture,it looks identical to the Nissan OEM I buy from the stealerships. Same shape,blue color,and same gasket. Anyone know anything about them?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Oil-Filter-Beck-Arnley_18033303-P_1_R%7CGRPFILTAMS_623518950___#

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I found this on Advance Auto Parts` site. In the picture,it looks identical to the Nissan OEM I buy from the stealerships. Same shape,blue color,and same gasket. Anyone know anything about them?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Oil-Filter-Beck-Arnley_18033303-P_1_R%7CGRPFILTAMS_623518950___#

Now aquariuscsm, Youve been a member here for awhile, you should Really fix your links correctly!

That's cheap for a BA isn't it? Seems like they usually run $12-ish.
Why I dare say you could afford two of them. One to use and one to cut open for us to see!
lol.gif

I used to sell BA parts back in the day. It was the "foreign car" parts line at the parts store I worked at. At least back then all BA parts were was repacked parts from different mfg's. I can't recall any parts being made by them specifically? The filters anyway, for sure, were from a wide variety of mfg's and were generally what came OE on the vehicles. They didn't even relabel them. They just put the filters in their boxes.

I bought a few beck/arnley filters for my Gm ecotec application.

It seems to be VERY SIMILAR to the Delco filter (the cheap one that is).

The cheap delco filter that you buy by itself, not the good one (HENGST) that comes with the cap..

I picked up a couple of B/A filters from RockAuto for Honda applications, they are identical to Nippon brand.

Very solid filter. The only gripe is that they are slippery suckers with glossy paint and the flutes are not very defined.

I worked for Beck/Arnley in 1995. The official name was Beck/Arnley world Parts. They had 7 warehouses around the USA and were the largest importer of auto parts in the USA. I believe they were owned by Dana Corp back then. They brought parts in from all over the world in huge quantities.

I was the packaging supervisor. I had a dept of women who packaged all these parts in individual boxes. Some times in BeckArnley boxes, sometimes in other people's boxes. Beck/Arnley did not manufacturer anything.

There were two warehouses at my location. One for bulk parts and one for packaged parts that shipped them to the various customers. There were 56 million dollars of auto parts in the one warehouse I worked in. It was a fun job.

Last edited:
I was the packaging supervisor. I had a dept of women who packaged all these parts in individual boxes. Some times in BeckArnley boxes, sometimes in other people's boxes. Beck/Arnley did not manufacturer anything. [/quote]

----So is that why on Rock Auto they list a Beck/Arnley and show a Mann filter for my Land Rover?!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: typ901

I was the packaging supervisor. I had a dept of women who packaged all these parts in individual boxes. Some times in BeckArnley boxes, sometimes in other people's boxes. Beck/Arnley did not manufacturer anything.

----So is that why on Rock Auto they list a Beck/Arnley and show a Mann filter for my Land Rover?! [/quote]

I don't know what they do today, but back then it could have been any number of brands in a Beck/Arnley box. I would imagine they are still operating the same way.

Last edited:
I looked at Beck Arnley air, cabin and oil filters for my ML320 because I was trying to track down a full-sized air filter. (A few years ago, MB replaced the full-sized air filter with a stepped design that has quite a bit less surface area.) Anyway, in their catalog, BA showed the full air filter so I bought a set. When I opened up the packages, not only was the air filter the newer stepped design (unlike what the picture depicted), but all of the filters were made by other companies (air and oil by Mann and cabin by Micron).

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
All that I know is that beck/arnley is the best non-OEM brand out there.
Not quite sure what you mean. Beck Arnley as a brand is kind of meaningless, at least in the case of my vehicle. All they did was put other manufacturer's products in their own package. Why bother, except to cover more vehicle types. For me, next time I'll just get the real thing.

My guess as to why Beck/Arnley exists and makes money is because they are a one stop source for chain stores to supply import parts and they don't have to do seperate deals with hundreds of individual manufacturers overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back