"Made in the USA" brake pad thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this image pretty much says it all:

Xuo7S.jpg

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Originally Posted By: Tempest
Quote:
Take an economics lesson and learn how they manipulate their currency equates to stealing from the rest of the world.

smirk2.gif
So you want us to pay more for things and have less money in our pocket?

Well eventually if we keep losing good paying jobs, no one will have any money left to buy whatever you make, service, sell etc.

Then this should be impossible:
Quote:
Total employee compensation was 66 percent of national income in 1970 and 64 percent in 2006. This measure of the labor compensation share has been remarkably stable since the 1970s. It rose from an average of 62 percent in the 1960s to 66 percent in the 1970s and 1980s, and then declined to 65 percent in the 1990s where it has remained from 2000 until the end of 2007.

http://www.nber.org/digest/oct08/w13953.html

And taxes and regulations are causing US businesses to be uncompetitive in the global market:
http://jan.ocregister.com/2010/07/05/report-cut-taxes-regulations-to-create-jobs/40691/

The exchange rate has little do with job shortages, and making things more expensive will only make things worse as people will have less money to spend on any products.

Last edited:
I bought an interesting book recently, "Cheap, The High Cost of Discount Culture" (printed in the USA, yea). I'm only through the introduction but already I learned of "Gresham's Law", so it seems like a promising book.

Back to brake pads. I just got a set of Monroe Dynamics (DX series). Your request made me checked where they were made. They were made in Canada.

I've had good luck with the local mom and pop auto parts store's Canadian made pads. Personally, I'll buy Canadian products as if they were domestic. Canadians spend a lot of money here, and they are a very good neighbor and make quality products. As far as China is concerned, I've noticed too much that the consumer doesn't even save much if any money at the retail level, but you sacrifice American manufacturing jobs, which is a very bad thing. The quality is also inconsistent. You can get some dangerous junk from China.

Originally Posted By: MC5W20
I prefer to use "Made in USA" pads. You are wrong, I do know of some.
Good for you! And I hope more people put money where their mouths are.

Look here pal, all Chinese made brake pads are junk. I do assume all Chinese stuff is junk, so go to the unemployment line and preach to the suffering American worker your world view on China. Take an economics lesson and learn how they manipulate their currency equates to stealing from the rest of the world.

Well, then you should't be sitting in front of your computer and typing this response in any way. Most computer parts are made in China. Even if your computer happens to be completely made of non-Chinese made parts, the Internet is hosted by running various network devices, many, if not most, of which are made in China.

Seriously, any form of generalization is inappropriate. Chinese make good and bad products and so do other countries, including the mighty USA. The famous OCOD is a good example.
33.gif

And one more thing, if your lucky, your in a profession which can't be outsourced to China. Which is why you have such a ignorant view on how others can spend their money how they choose. If I choose to spend my money on lower quality spec'd "Made in USA" stuff, that is my right to do so in a free country.
This brings up an interesting question I've been wondering for a while.

Who outsourced American jobs to China? The Chinese? Obviously not. It is the American who decided to take advantage of the slave labour in China by moving hundreds of thousands of American jobs to China. And it is those Americans who move products of inconsistent quality back to America to make profits. So, who is more evil in this game? The slave labour in China or the greedy Americans who moved jobs to China?

And this thread has gone from where to buy brake pads to "greedy Americans" and "slave labor" with political undertones.

Any comments PM me...

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back