Best cleaner for "Swedish Finish" oak floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entire oak floor kitchen, dining, halls and entry area sanded and refinished with 4 coats of so called Swedish Finish. Final coat is a light matte - color is natural oak. I must say it looks very nice. But what a hassle. Nasty.

Anyway - what's the best cleaner for such a coating? Water for general sticky spills is fine. Seems like the coating is very chemical resistance and fairly impervious, but don't want to push the limit. Naturally Murphy's Oil Soap comes to mind - but I read it can leave a film. Any other ideas?

best cleaner for most and any finish is no more than light soap and water.

Bona Finishes Cleaners work the best with a micro-fiber cloth.

http://www.bona.com/

You want to get away from both soap and moisture. They are the big destroyers for wood. Use the micro-fiber and mist the product on the cloth and wipe. It is extremely easy and works great!

I was going to say what Tom said, vinegar and water is one of my favorites. Bonus of it is no sticky residue to attract new dirt or visible film to look bad or harmful chemical to avoid contact with.

Pablo, bring this home to clean your floors and tell us how it works out
swedish_maid-190x300.jpg

.....Swedish Maid.........

Originally Posted By: Summerwind
Originally Posted By: duaneb9729
murphys wood soap

X2!!
thumbsup2.gif

Quote:
Naturally Murphy's Oil Soap comes to mind - but I read it can leave a film.

Too much rinsing to get the film up.
I think I have a woodie. The wife actually knew about Bona products. She said you can buy them all about. And we have plenty microfiber towels.

Just to clarify for the oil soap guys, Pablo is only cleaning epoxy, basically plastic, there is no need to use a "wood" product. Much the same as we don't oil the paint on our cars because there is metal underneath...

usually what you are describing is Urethane. Use a dedicated wood floor cleaner designed for urethane finishes. Usually the manufacturer of the finish is the best source for info. It is CRITICAL that you not use incompatible cleaning agents that will degrade the finish.

We make a fortune every week cleaning wood floors gunked up with all manner of strange cleaners. Basically you want zero residue.

It's sealed closed. It's real Swedish finish which is banned in most of Europe. We have dogs and cats and kids and mechanized vehicular traffic.

So far no scratches. The worst thing are people wearing sneakers with rocks caught in the nooks and crannies. No shoes!!!

I would bet formadehyde level is why the ban such as why they do not use CV as a finish in Europe and mainly use 2K poly. Again light soapy water to clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back