StevieC was banned! What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, what the heck is going on? He was permanently banned - no reason given on e-mail or his login screen.

He sent me screen pics of his login attempts and any/all emails from BITOG - this is the real thing! What is going on here? No reason? What the?

Was this a mistake? Shouldn't there be a reason? This has been happening too many times to too many members lately. It's time for something to be done about it. I think we have a moderator that needs to be banned permanently.

This is a bunch of -- - and if you want to ban me for speaking up, then so be it. Someone has to be a voice for those who cannot speak here anymore.

Let's start a petition to bring him back - or at least get a good explanation as to why this happened!

Time for to change on here!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see his profile; Did he message you before last night? He was on and posting feverishly last night. But if banned again, sign me up for the petition to let him back in.

I just got an email from him at 9:30pm, so sometime in the afternoon i'm guessing. His last post is shown as being 12:49pm so.........

Helen gave him a temp. ban apparently (according to the other thread), he came back, behaved himself, and now this?

StevieC is permanently banned as a result of ongoing problems. He had been warned several times. You can not ignore the rules and expect to remain a member. Rob, he did not come back and behave himself. His post is in quarantine and it is not available.

Originally Posted By: Scooter_man
Helen, sorry for bypassing the censor - won't happen again.

Helen scary

Originally Posted By: Scooter_man
Helen, sorry for bypassing the censor - won't happen again.

lol i thought you were all up in arms, helen must've givin you a good talking.

StevieC ban is unfortunate i enjoyed his posts.

Helen, thanks for the update. Quite frankly I'm sick of all the drama and posts related to this matter. Likely in the minority with that opinion, but calling it as I see it.

It's been said, if you got an issue PM a mod. Still not satisfied, oh well. There's stuff I haven't agreed with, and don't, but it is what it is. If you want to continue to post, you follow the the rules/guidelines, even if you don't agree with some. Otherwise, don't post. No matter how popular one may be on these boards, it's that simple.

Just how I see it.

The board will surely miss his average 20 posts per day.

Seriously though, he came back and right away said "I was banned for having an opinion". He clearly didn't get it.

jeff

I liked StevieC, too. I haven't seen any of his offending posts, but the rules are the rules, so if he really did continue to break them out of spite or whatever... This is an oil forum, first and foremost.

A smack with the perma-banhammer, though? Seems a bit much, based on what I know about him. :/

Yup, this site is not the same as it once was. Hence the reason I lost interest in it a long time ago. I occasionally visit, maybe once a month. There is still a wealth of information here. So that is a positive.

Originally Posted By: Amkeer
Yup, this site is not the same as it once was. Hence the reason I lost interest in it a long time ago. I occasionally visit, maybe once a month. There is still a wealth of information here. So that is a positive.

I agree. The last forums that I was in banned a popular member like StevieC. He started his own site and the community was split into two. The new site had all the people who tcreated all the new things or tried out new products on thier car first. The old site is now full of 20 something year olds asking how they can put3x the power in their car for as cheap as possible and still have it as their daily drive.

I'm moving from frequent visitor to the parallel universe.....

Don't know what was said.. Don't really care. I've enjoyed StevieC's comments, jokes, and benefited from his advice.

If what he said was SO BAD.... let's hear and see it....

Bye!

Come on guys, it is still a great site. Like anything it changes with age and size. I liked steve as well but really if he was banned there was probably a reason. I have posted quite and bit and if a few disagreements but have never been approached for breaking rules or threatened with a time out. There are lots of non productive posts that keep reappearing over and over but just ignore them and they will eventually get tired and go away. If you pay attention there are still a few good topics that come by that get some informative posts. I think the mechanical part is great. This forum has helped me fix several of my trucks and helped make informative decisions about buying vehicles ect. Anyway, sorry steve i also enjoyed reading your posts.

This is not a democracy here, rules are rules.. Stevie C was a good joker etc, but I also seen him stir the pot dragging coolant in on oil threads, and intake gaskets as well.. and several several times of by passing the censor... that said I'm not standing on the sideline cheering for Stevie C or the mods, this forum is not a democracy and anyone including myself is free to go somewhere else if we so please, and we must abide by the rules or we get to go there anyway.

Some of ya'll need to think before you post something. This is a wonderful site, and I'm very glad we have it. Just because someone posted alot and was very popular don't mean the rules dont apply to him. To all that bashed the site, I hope you know how incouraging that is to the mods........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back