MMO in gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried MMO in my 2005 Ford Ranger w/ 3.0 V6,put in 6 oz with full tank of gas which is around 16 gal.This is not the flex fuel engine by the way.The first 10 miles i drove it the engine acted like it was giving the computer new learning curves.The cruise control would not stay activated and it just did not run as normal,not poorly just not as usual.After 10 miles the cruise would stay on and it ran as usual again.This is what the truck does when the battery has been unhooked.It acts like it relearns it parameters and then goes on.Any similar experiences?

Last edited:
Last week i ran sea foam in the induction system and also put some in the fuel,it ran fine after this.

Originally Posted By: 40Deluxe
Last week i ran sea foam in the induction system and also put some in the fuel,it ran fine after this.

I have never had any problems with MMO, you might want to use the SEARCH FUNCTION here and check out some of the Seafoam Threads.

I have a hunch that something may have happened with running Seafoam in your induction system, did it smoke like crazy.

It is running fine now,just that first 7-10 miles then it went on its merry way with no issues.

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456
Ive run a full quart, 32 oz, in a 16 gallon tank and haven't had any issues.
Very strange that you are having issues with just 6oz.
shocked2.gif

It could have been from the Seafoam application, and the computer re-learning again. I never experienced anything like this either. The good news is it is running fine now. Stay with it and see if you notice any improvement in mpgs or how it idles.

I will continue to use,i would like to use in oil but the thought of putting this in 5w20 seems like the viscosity will be altered too much.

If you want to try it in the oil, try a pint during the winter if you're afraid of altering the viscosity.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
If you want to try it in the oil, try a pint during the winter if you're afraid of altering the viscosity.
Or go one grade thicker on the oil you are using so it dilutes it back to the grade you want.

Seafoam or poor fuel.
And the cruise not working is really something else!
Could be coincidental.
Maybe an electrical problem. Like poor grounds.

This isn't one of those Fords that had the cruise control recall, is it? Your description of the cruise control sounds like the same thing described in that recall.

Yup sounds like when the computer senses enough change in paramaters it goes back to factory program and relearns on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back