One of XADO Revitalizants got TUV approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received the copy of the certificate. Also will insist on sending me the full test protocol and than post it here.

For those who don't speak German:
- Reduces harmful emissions(CO2, CO, HC).
- Increases fuel mileage.
- Increases engine power.
- Increases compression.

Last edited:
And just a few minutes ago got the updated multilanguage version:

Kinda confused here - does the TÜV certification prove that this product does what it claims to do (Reduces harmful emissions, Increases fuel mileage, Increases engine power, Increases compression) or do they certify that it is acceptable for use?

If the former, I would like to see their testing regimen or other technical reports on the process. I have a hard time believing that the TÜV would say something akin to 'We have tested this product and determined it does exactly what it says it will do' - seems very un-precise and un-German to me. I could understand them saying that it is acceptable for use. My German is OK, but please post English translations of the other documents you will get.

So, more information please.

I'll post them as soon as I get them. But already I won't be scared to use it in my car because TUV writes in the sertificates what was tested and 100% confirmed. So these four things were tested and confirmed. Every car in Germany passes TUV every two years for road-legal condition. Lots of different devices are tested to prove their safety and efficiensy. The sertificate from them is the most powerfool "green light" in Germany. And it is also well-known around the world. I can't wait to see how exactly it was tested. Already asked their support team to provide english version cos my German is pretty poor)))

To Hithaerto: please provide evidence on the level of TUV or higher to support your claims about Cermet or whatever. Otherwice you are just a chatterbox :)

Well, i won´t blaim Hethaerto.
I've tried the XADO gel for gasoline engines to cut down oil consumption, but after 2000 miles i got no positive result so far..

I´m not saying that it does not work, just that it made no difference in my oil consumption issue (remains 1quart per 700miles), i already had to top up twice, and will have to do it again very soon..

So as far as oil consumption goes, either it takes longer to work or does not work at all.

Engine sounded a bit quieter and more responsive at first, but i feel no difference now and anyway that was not the main reason why i spent 76.90€ buying the stuff.
But that TUV certificate isn't about oil consumption issues anyway..

There is a topic about it in the oil additive forum if anyone is curious about my experience.

TugaSaudade, nice recearch there, the only thing to add is the driving style may be the reason (I mean keeping up with powerfool cars). Your car may be just fine but you have to consider the advises given to you in that topic
cheers3.gif

Hi RxxR.

Trying to keep up with others, "driving like a madman" is something that i very rarely do (only in a no-option scenario).
Usual drive style is very short trips (less than 10minutes at 30miles maxspeed, 99% urban drive), with fuel economy in mind.

If you research BITOG on Hethaerto's Xado test with his Trooper, although he felt a positive difference in the first 400 miles, he reported it was worthless after, but claimed to get the results he expected with CerMet.

In my opinion, a certificate may give one peace of mind, but does not assure a product will work for you, only that promoted some degree of benefits in a given test scenario.
The only (expensive) way to find out is to try it yourself.
I'll wait for the full details on that TUV test, just out of curiosity.

CerMet isn't directly available in my country only XADO, otherwise i probably would try it in my engine.

But if you try it, i do hope it works for you.

All the best.

Never buy it. It doesn't work good even in old cars, it has absolutely unstable quality and costs enough much

Motor oils, additives and even guns revitalisants do not work.
I tested motor oil-too much debris and deposites, gun barrel repair doesn't work at all though Xado guys promised me even "ceramic layer inside of my barrel"
So I never use it, I prefer Chevron Supreme, may be it's not so popular in Russia and may be not so modern as Castrol and thmth else, but quality is guaranteed, and unpopularity of american oils in Russia guarantee that bought oil is not a fake

Last edited:
I tried out Xado in my 2002 Volvo XC70, as well. I took it on a 750 mile road trip. within the first 35 miles, mileage, as per the on-board computer, went from 27 mpg to 33 mpg. I took a photo of the display, but I think I accidentally deleted it.

However, that outrageous MPG increase lasted about 70 miles, then it resumed it's normal MPG of 27 (which is very good for this car).

CerMet worked very well in the Volvo a few months prior to this Xado test. It did exactly what CerMet Labs said it would do.

I wish very much that I had scoured out the engine with ARX before I spent all that money, though. I think it would've worked even better had the engine been cleaner.

If it's anything like the CARB "approvals" that were around in the 80s, it doesn't say anything about the efficiacy of the additive (or the pipe headers, intake swirl device etc.), but say that it will not adversely affect emissions.

Yeah. I always loved CARB approvals. They amounted to an ante to sell mostly useless aftermarket stuff. Not all were bogus, but you paid large for the fractional gains. Borla's own site showed something like a 7-11 hp increase in dyno hp on some Mustang ..at some stratospheric rpm level. I think that the system cost about $100/hp in that limited range. Borla has since removed the graph (years ago) ..probably due to people figuring out the costs.

At last got the test data.
Unfortunately the procedures are just mentioned by numbers without description but looks well anyway on that engine (at least I like it, especially equalized compression).

Here is the link, enjoy:

Download scan001.pdf from FileFactory.com

I just wished it worked for me..
Cost me a fortune and did not fixed my oil consumption issue, even if it claimed to "revitalize" piston rings..

I'm trying to find the guts to order CerMet, so if anyone as solid knowlege of its efectiveness fixing piston ring related oil consumption, please, please, do let me know.

Nevertheless, a big thanks to all that tooked the time trying to help me so far.

Thanx RxxR, but I could not download Xado-s TÜV test data from FileFactory. So I requested it from local representative, here it is: http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B1-E...I5Z0F&hl=en

To me it payd off. With Liqui-Moly fully synthetic oil it did not reduce engine sound or something like that but it fixed turbo cold side leak completly. Also even with cold engine I can hear only turbo boost from 2500 rpm (usually I stay below 2000 rpm while engine warms up), no "screaming" from turbo any more as before when cold engine rpms got to 1800. Next time when I will use Xado gel, I will pour in mineral oil to prowide heat helping that "ceramic layer" to form.

Also on RxxR-s recuest I hawe some TÜV protocols on Liqui-Moly products:
Oil Additive (that is Mos2) - http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=1UK5_9ocy...uthkey=CP2tjbsJ
Cera Tec - http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=1OBfv7s28...uthkey=COO6y4EE
Motor Protect - http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=1ra945JM_...uthkey=CP6l1sYJ

From Liqui-Moly products my Volvo 945 from 1994 with VW 2,4 turbodiesel previously (right before Xado) got Motor Protect what had opposite reaction - it smoothed and made engine quaieter but had no effect like that on turbo leak (original Garret T3). Maybe liquid additives dont work so well in old diesels
wink.gif

Sorry for typos, never studied english.

Margus, i did tried it with Castrol GTX 15w50 mineral oil, also hoping that by using a simple and thick mineral oil, it would help XADO to stick to metal better and faster..

And XADO was used after a kerosene/xylene based flush, followed by Shell Helix ULtra 5w40, famous for its cleaning qualities, and followed by XADO's own Vitaflush, a mineral oil based flush, also to ensure XADO had the engine as clean as possible to do its job..
I even measured the weight of the oil filter to see if it was heavier compared to a new one..

Wish it worked for me.. but i'm happy it did for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back