Amsoil, Mobil MX4T, Rotella T6.. for Hayabusa eng

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. Maybe this is already out there, but I was wondering if folks have an opinion on which of Amsoil 10w40 synthetic, Mobil mx4t 10w40 synthetic or Rotella synthetic would be best for an 08 hayabusa engine that gets used rather gently...mostly commuting 60 miles per hour, and stop and start city traffic.

Welcome, personally i run t6 in my 05 sv650s Works great. i do run short intervals though due to ?shearing? - i notice the shifting gets a touch harder if i run the oil longer.. that or im crazy.. either is very possible :) either way i change at about 2k but i run the bike hard. Lots of high rpm use.

I have an 08' BKing..... same engine you have. I been runing Rotella T 15w40 and Delo 15w40 and I ride it hard. I change the oil at 1500-2000 miles.

I think spending 10-12 dollars a quart is a waste but any of the oils you listed would be fine.

Originally Posted By: heavyhitter
I have an 08' BKing..... same engine you have. I been runing Rotella T 15w40 and Delo 15w40 and I ride it hard. I change the oil at 1500-2000 miles.

I think spending 10-12 dollars a quart is a waste but any of the oils you listed would be fine.

Heavyhitter, how do you find the shifting between these two?

Originally Posted By: Craig750
Originally Posted By: heavyhitter

Heavyhitter, how do you find the shifting between these two?

I noticed no difference between these in the Bking.
The RotellaT doesnt shift to great in my Road Star Warrior though.

I prefer Mobil MX4T. Could not tell a difference in my Honda ST 1300, my Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 was a different story, shifting was harder with Rotella T6 than with MX4T.

Well, I had MX4T in it prior to my previous oil change, now Amsoil is in it. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but it is harder shifting with the Amsoil and the clutch definitely is grabbier...like it will lurch a bit when you shift into first with the clutch disengaged on the Amsoil where it didin't with MX4T. Amsoil is better on paper though...have yet to try the Rotella...

Have Mobil 1 MX4T back in the bike now, and sure enough, the clutch feel and shifting is leagues better than with the Amsoil 10W40. Waiting for the UOA on the Amsoil after an interval of only 1200miles (2000km). No matter how good the Amsoil claims to be, it just doesn't feel good in the bike...and honestly if anything I was biased towards the Amsoil from all of their documentation that I read.

I am using Delvac for break in in my new Bking but doubt would stick with any dino for maintenance. There are some good choices out there but pricy.
I might try M1 HM10W-40 but MX4T was an excellent choice for my Honda 919. Motul 5100, Redline MC are on top of the chart as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back