Cleaning decades old oil stains off concrete floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use standard petroleum engine degreaser first.

Then I mix in a slurry of clothes washing powder and water. You want the slurry to stay in place and hold the water

Then a stiff brush and scrub it in for a few minutes and then let it soak for a few hours to a couple of days. Keeping the area wet.

After a good soaking I then hose it down. You can see the stains when it is wet but after drying it is hard to see them.

WARNING WILL ROBINSON: I AM NOT A CHEMICAL ENGINEER AND DO NOT KNOW IF MIXING DEGREASER AND LAUNDRY SOAP POWDER IS DANGEROUS.

go somewhere where they are building a new road, from the ground up, not just repaving, ask the boss if he knows where you can find fly ash. its a gray power. put it on the floor sweep back and forth, pick up dump out, and add some to the floor let it set and sweep some more.

to, papa bear, in the late 60s i worked with an old mech. he used battery acid to clean old pot metal carbs that sat outside. but you had to have running water to rinse the acid off at just the right time. BUT it doesnt work on aluminum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back