04 Yukon interier lights. How do you turn them off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the drive in last night. Took a friends Yukon so we camped in the back of it for the movie. With the rear hatch open the interier lights come on and I couldn't find any way to turn them off.

There has to be a trick. Anybody know?

Not sure exactly sure but for gm trucks it usually in the area that controls the back light for the gauge cluster. It might be something like turning the gauge cluster lighting switch all the way down.

Originally Posted By: wapacz
Not sure exactly sure but for gm trucks it usually in the area that controls the back light for the gauge cluster. It might be something like turning the gauge cluster lighting switch all the way down.
Ya I turned that down and everything else, pushed buttons etc. IMO the truck is dumb!

Plus everytime you open a door the headlights come on.

On my 2004 Silverado, there's a 1/2" diameter round push in button next to the headlight switch, that when pushed in, kills all interior lights.

Push it again to cancel.

Did you try looking at that magical little guide called the owner's manual?

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
On my 2004 Silverado, there's a 1/2" diameter round push in button next to the headlight switch, that when pushed in, kills all interior lights.

Push it again to cancel.

Did you try looking at that magical little guide called the owner's manual?

I pushed that button and nothing happened. Used truck and it didn't come with an owners manual. This was a 1st date with this girl so if things progress I'll find her an owners manual.

I'm already into the thing for 2 qts of oil. Nothing on the stick so I bought and added 2 qts before we left.

Well, that's your button... That's what it is supposed to do.

People who take owner's manuals out of vehicles need to be slapped.

What were you are her doing in the back of the Yukon that you needed the lights to be off ?
shocked2.gif

Just Kidding

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
What were you are her doing in the back of the Yukon that you needed the lights to be off ?
shocked2.gif

Just Kidding

Hey... this is a "family friendly" site...

IIRC, you have to push the little button twice in quick succession to cancel the lights. At least that's how it is on my 2001 GMC Safari work van.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
IIRC, you have to push the little button twice in quick succession to cancel the lights. At least that's how it is on my 2001 GMC Safari work van.

Nope. Just once, it will stay in. If you push the button on and off 2 (or 4--can't remember which) times it will disable the DRL lights for that ignition cycle. Depends on year and model, though. WHen I was working at Baltimore (building your Safari van) we always kept the light switch pushed in to keep interior lights off to save the battery while building the truck.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
shocked2.gif

Just Kidding
We went to the drive in movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back