Trico Teflon vs NeoForm Wiper Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need new wipers for the Saturn as the Anco Contours I currently have are dangerously worn.

Pep Boys has the Trico Teflon and Neoform blades on buy 1 get 1 free.

$12.99 for the Teflon and $19.99 on the Neoform.

I have no experience with Trico blades. Which one should I buy? The car stays outside 24/7 and I get no snow.

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
The Trico Teflon I have on my driver side (the one that was stolen...) is working well so far, no complaints.

For how long?

We got Neoforms about a year ago for one of our vehicles and they are still good. Never had an after market wiper blade last this long (the ones on our newer Equinox are also good and the same age - look similar to Bosch Icons but not sure). Anyway, the Neoforms perform very well, too.

I might make the 70 mile trip to Pep Boys to get some wiper blades and a case of PU ($23 after MIR for a case). A shame I didn't know about these specials because I was just a few miles away today.

Tried them all. If you want a truly superior blade, buy SilBlade. Have had on wife's Windstar 3 years year round - still "new". They put an invisible layer of silicon on the glass that eliminates streaking and chatter, and makes water flow off at speed. Reasonably priced. I'll never buy anything else. www.silblade.com

I have Neoforms on 2 cars for more than 2 years, they are working as well as it can be for 2 years old wipers. Both cars are garaged at night so that it may help the wiper life.

I put the Neoform blades on my car the day I bought it in August '09 and they still wipe as well as day one. They are Teflon coated.

Are there any differences between the Trico Teflon and the Neoform aside from the form factor?

Both the Trico Teflon and the Neoform use teflon coatings.

Either will be fine. Most respondants except for SHOPete and NickR live where it's warm most of the time. I always use the best wipers that I can buy on sale due to winter driving and road salt. Critic, if your in Northern CA, you might want to consider something else but, anything will work where it's generaly warm most of the year. I want wipers that can stay plyable in below 0 deg F or even dowt to -20*F

I laugh when people tell me, "it does get cold where I live, it gets down into the 30's deg F". $#!+, that ain't cold! Im talking about the cold that they experience in Canada, MN, ND, Oswego, NY in the winter. Places where you have to plug in your vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back