Amsoil Bypass eaBP 100 interchange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone changed over from the Amsoil Bypass eaBP filter to some other manufacturer? I have found so far the Balwin BD7317 the Donaldson D558615 and the Fleetguard LF9028 but don't know anything about them. At 40 bucks each x 2 the Amsoil are kinda pricey.

Thanks
VW

There is no interchange that I'm aware of. Amsoil EaBp90-110 use a Cummins full flow thread, but are the only bypass filter to use that thread. Most spin-on bypass filters aren't of the same level of filtration as the EaBP. The exception being the EaBp120 ..which uses a different thread. The EaBP 120 appears to be a rebadged Luberfiner LFP9750

Ignore the fluff here, it's more co-promotion and CYA than it holds material water:

Longer Lasting
When used in conjunction with AMSOIL motor oil and an AMSOIL EaO or Donaldson Endurance™ filter, the EaBP Filter should be changed every other full-flow filter change up to 60,000 miles. When used with other brands of motor oil or full-flow filters, the EaBP Filter should be changed every other full-flow filter change. AMSOIL recommends using oil analysis when extending oil drain intervals.

The trick is to get the customer to make every other sump swap long enough to work. The above scenario assumes that the filter is sized appropriately for the sump size. Many go bigger than needed ..and life span should be elongated.

In a gas application the oil will fatigue long before filter saturation. With a diesel, you're more or less limited by the soot production. There's not much of a way around it other than a centrifuge.

I can't shave much off of the $40/each ..but if you're not already hooked up, give me a PM.

Here's a possibility ..but I'm unsure how it would shake out with a choked flow that a bypass installation usually includes. It would work well on a dual (combo) mount. With these you could use the Dual Guard mount as a full flow setup.

LF9028 venturi combo by Fleetguard uses a 1-16 thread.

But I suspect that these aren't cheap filters either.

for what it is worth, a few years back the owner of Dixie Choppers (Perfect Circle Corp?) contacted every filter manufacturer in the US in an attempt to get an equivalent filter to the BE-90 at a lesser price. He was not successful.

I have met landscapers who found that the Cummins diesel filters would fit the base, and were a lot cheaper. Obviously they had not the foggiest idea of what the purpose of bypass filtration is.

I tried every way around it. Not to NOT buy the filters, but to avoid the expensive mount.

I can get Donaldson Synteq filters at the local Princess Auto. I'm wondering how the price / performance compares to the EaBP filters. It looks like it might be size comparable to the EaBP100.

http://www.princessauto.com/hydraulics/f...-filter-element
http://www.princessauto.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/8283400.jpg

Currently at $55.- CDN.

Feature synthetic Synteq filter media for maximum contamination-catching surface area and specific pore size control. Captures 99.99% of particles 6 microns or larger the first time the oil passes through the filter.

Beta Ratio: 1,000
Max. continuous pressure: 150 PSI
Max. continuous flow: 100 GPM
Element Threading: 1-1/2"-16
Average cleanliness: 17/14/11
Cleanliness factor expectation: 64 X
Length: 6.7"

From Donaldson:
https://dynamic.donaldson.com/webc/WebStore/search/item_detail.html?section=11023&item=243935

P562209
Element : 3 Micron Synthetic
Primary Application : SPE-50-BTA-3
Country of Origin : US (United States)
Document Control Number : 0405096
Gross Length in Inches : 5.1
Gross Height in Inches : 7
Gross Weight in Pounds : 0.1
Document Control Date : 2004/01/30
Gross Width in Inches : 5.2

Does anyone have the dimensions / specs on the EaBP filters?

Last edited:
AMSOIL EaBP Filters have an efficiency of 98.7 percent at two microns.

The EABP90 has 95 Grams holding capacity
Diam. = 4.5 in.
Height = 6 in.

The EABP100 has 100 Grams
Diam. = 4.5 in.
Height = 8 in.

The EABP110 has 160 Grams.
Diam. = 4.5 in.
Height = 10 in.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
AMSOIL EaBP Filters have an efficiency of 98.7 percent at two microns.

So that would equate to B2=75. Donaldson rates their hydraulic filters at Bx=1000. Do you know what size the EaBP filters are efficient at 99.9% (Beta 1000)?

Update: OK, I think I've got some numbers here. The Donaldson website and docs are not that easy to sift through. :/

The P167796 (10.7" long) and P165185 (9.4" long) spin-on filters list:
No.1/2 media, B2=75
No.1 media, B3=75
No.2 media, B5=75

... so it looks like the Amsoil EaBP filters are using a media that is the same or equivalent to the Donaldson Synteq No. 1/2. Now to find some prices.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the EaBP 90, 100, 110 are 1-16 thread. Same as the Cummins full flow. There is a cheap mount for them, but it's only recommended for the EaBp90 due to weight. If you wanted to fasten the filter itself (like one would a fire extinguisher) or any other manner where the mount would not deal with the weight in a (potentially) high vibration environment, then I think it would work. The BP80A costs $15.xx.

Now the EaBp 120 has a 1 1/2 - 16 thread, which might be easier to find a mount for. I haven't actually seen/held one, so I can't fit it up to my hydraulic 1 1/2-16 mounts. They can range from 4.xx - 5.0x in gasket diameter.

PM me for pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back