Amsoil Sponsors Check In - Dominator coolant boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
... What's the skinny?

Is it as good as my literature says it is? Can I replace my current cooling system lubricant with this and have the benefits of better temperature conductivity?

cheers3.gif
in advance...

It's a Watter-Wetter type product but it claims lubrication properties and it can be mixed with coolant where I think (don't shoot me) the Watter-Wetter can only be mixed with water.

The test data that I read in the Amsoil literature I got this month in the mail (as I get every month) said they tested it on a Chevy engine at 4500 RPM in both cases and they saw a 19F drop in temperature.

They also conducted industry standard testing on it for corrosion properties with this additive versus without it and apparently the number were excellent.

That is why I'm so interested in it.

I have an all aluminum engine which I wouldn't mind keeping cooler, and I have always used cooling system lubricant in my glycol/water mixture and have never had to replace water pumps and radiators or hoses ever and all of my vehicles have made it to 400K+ KM's 240K+ miles like this.

So if this product offers this same lubrication, anti-corrosion with the added benefit of increase temperature conductivity and it can be mixed into my 50/50 Glycol/Water mixture I'm sold.

13.gif
Just got to get Gary or Pablo in here...

Last edited:
Read about it here: LINK! (Page 8)

Here is what the product looks like...

RDCB.jpg

Quote:

"Dominator Coolant Boost is formulated
with proprietary tiered surfactant technology,
providing quick and effective heat transfer
inside radiator and cylinder heads, which
results in reduced operating temperatures,
more efficient operation, increased horsepower
and significantly reduced engine warm-up times in cold
weather. Coolant Boost also contains a robust mixture
of corrosion inhibitors that protect the radiator, heater
core, water pump, cylinder heads, engine block and
intake manifold from the damaging effects of corrosion."

Temperature Reduction
Dynamometer Test
To test the temperature reduction capabilities of
Dominator Coolant Boost, dyno tests were performed
on a Chevy 350 cubic inch engine with an aluminum
block and cylinder heads. Running the test with both
straight water and water treated with Coolant Boost,
the engine was operated at 4,500 rpm until coolant
temperature stabilized.
Stabilized Coolant
Coolant Mixture Temperature
Straight Water 221°F
Water with Coolant Boost 202°F
Test results show water treated with Coolant Boost
provided a 19°F temperature reduction.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering if it has silicates or phosphorus in it. From what I could see there is not any info on the Amsoil site yet. Just in the Action News.

I read the same stuff. There has yet to be an official release of the product info AFAIK. That was the only reference to it. Put "boost" into the search engine and you get anything but Dominator coolant boost. Pablo might have some info on it
21.gif

Put Dominator Coolant Boost into regular google and you will only see the same identical information that you have already seen. You will not find it on the Amsoil site and google will have no link to Amsoil. It's all dealers posting the news.

I wonder if they got this technique from broadcasters. When they announce a new show ...by the time it arrives you're sick of the announcements for the new show.

Coming to ABC in Sept ....of 2015...

Ok that is what I figured and thought I would check because I'm only a P.C. and not a dealer... I thought I might just get the teaser and you guys got the real scoop.

I see that isn't the case... I might just pick some up from the Amsoil Warehouse in Mississauga (near Toronto) tomorrow on my travels (if they have it) and see what info I can provide the group.

cheers3.gif
Thanks for jumping into the thread...
thumbsup2.gif

I can't even order it. The order form doesn't accept it. If it's sitting at a distribution center, I think it would be a miracle.

..but ..hey, give it a try.
thumbsup2.gif

I'm in the area and I'm an Amsoil nut... Gotta see!
20.gif

I will sell it to you at a good price if we do have it!
lol.gif

I think it is similar to wetter water. Both can be used with straight water (where they'd be more effective at transfering heat)if freeze protection isn't an issue, or can be used with antifreeze. How compatible they really are with anti-freeze, I don't know for sure but they probably are generally compatible wih common anti-freezes.

How effective they are at increasing heat transfer while mixed with an anti-freeze coolant over what coolant does anyway I don't know. I don't know for sure since the info isn't published but my guess is Dominator and WW both use some type of OATs as these inhibitors are considered more "universal" than silicates and phosphates. And OAT inhibitors leave a thinner film so promote better heat transfer.

I can see a product like this too reduce the water temp and lube the cooling system in race apps where the cooling system can't keep up.... But generally, this product is overkill for regular street engines. Race engines generally don't use antifreeze coolant and street engines do, so why make an additive to make antifreeze better? Engines do need a general temp to run properly at, why reduce the temp 19 degrees in a car engine?

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
I can see a product like this too reduce the water temp and lube the cooling system in race apps where the cooling system can't keep up.... But generally, this product is overkill for regular street engines. Race engines generally don't use antifreeze coolant and street engines do, so why make an additive to make antifreeze better? Engines do need a general temp to run properly at, why reduce the temp 19 degrees in a car engine?
Your BITOG Membership is revoked... We are all about "OVERKILL"
grin2.gif

I have a question similar to LargeCarManX2, If you lowered a modern cars temp by 19 degrees wouldn't your fuel mileage suffer? We had a newer hyundai in the shop his temp was off by 7 degrees and he lost a mile to the gallon, new t-stat took care of his problem. I also noticed in the brochure it says faster warm up times. So we are going to warm up faster, to run cooler, to use more fuel
21.gif
. I am an amsoil fan so I am not bashing this product, but maybe someone could shed some light on this product for street use.
Thanks, Eric

Frankly I am not a huge fan of this type of product for street use. But by the Dominator name - it's for race usage, not an ECU, t-stat controlled, MPG engine.

Anyway - a fellow posted the previous name of this product, I can't find the post. Anyway, it seems Amsoil just bought the "rights" to an existing coolant additive.

Originally Posted By: onion
Looks like snake oil to me. Why would a cooling system need 'lube' anyway?
I haven't replaced a water pump, hoses, or a radiator while using cooling system lubricant in each fill in my engines even after 400K KM's (240K miles)

Sounds like proof to me to use a lubricant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back