Suggestions on RX for a Mitsubishi Montero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We pick up a bargain 1998 Pajero GLS (Montero) tomorrow for the wife, a replacement for our stolen Mazda 626. I'm open to ways and means posters would like to see the last few bottles of my case of RX utilised? 158,000kms (98,000 miles) with LSD, Super Select auto, 3.5 V6 engine, p/s. Wife is definitely not happy it's a slushie, but has agreed to trial it. If it doesn't work out we'll trade it for a manual Pajero or Toyota Prado, but fingers crossed. Will get compression readings posted ASAP as a starting point.

Under the valve-cover pics before & after would be a plus and those covers come off easy and you won't have to replace the silicone gasket to reseal it. (I have lots of experience with these engines) so there is no excuse not to and put this whole ARX thing to rest.

What do you say?

Not interested what it looks like under the valve cover, same as our sadly departed Mazda and my BMW. Diff, transfer case maybe, auto definitely (can't Believe we purchased a slushie), and p/s will all get some RX but qty's unknown. oil viscosity/brand unknown but will see what the owners manual says.

What about if I buy you a brand new gasket for the valve cover would you take pictures for the group here on BITOG then?

I will mail it to Australia!

If there are leaking valve cover gaskets at inspection next week which require replacing, I'll take photos if the workshop allows access. I have to say this obsession with pictures is starting to freak me out a bit, I would have thought quantifiable data eg compression readings would have been of far more interest to techo types that reside at BITOG? And try googling auto-Rx, you will find a myriad web sites and satisfied users all over the world, have you tried that?

smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: sprintman
After 9+ years testing HDEO won't come close. Now keep of my threads and I'll keep off yours.
Then prove it to us with pictures!
thumbsup2.gif

We pick up a bargain 1998 Pajero GLS (Montero) tomorrow for the wife, a replacement for our stolen Mazda 626. I'm open to ways and means posters would like to see the last few bottles of my case of RX utilised? 158,000kms (98,000 miles) with LSD, Super Select auto, 3.5 V6 engine, p/s. Wife is definitely not happy it's a slushie, but has agreed to trial it. If it doesn't work out we'll trade it for a manual Pajero or Toyota Prado, but fingers crossed. Will get compression readings posted ASAP as a starting point.

Sounds like someone is pushing a NON-SPONSORED PRODUCT.
Sales of auto-rx must really be slow.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
After 9+ years testing HDEO won't come close. Now keep of my threads and I'll keep off yours.
thumbsup2.gif

data is worth a thousand times more than pictures.

Originally Posted By: c3po

MMO sales must be slow, too since that is all that gets pushed here anymore.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Originally Posted By: StevieC
thumbsup2.gif

Sure but show us dummies pictures!
33.gif

Then that makes data worth a million words...
43.gif

Originally Posted By: c3po

MMO sales must be slow, too since that is all that gets pushed here anymore.

It seems members are talking about MMO because they are using the product and they are happy with the results they are getting.

It seems many members who have used auto-rx have not been happy with the results they gotten.

Brent I'm utilising the last bottles of my sole case, I guess I'm selling it to myself, you OK with that? And there is a wondrous thing called google, that's G-O-O-G-L-E. It will edumacate you and improve the very limited horizons you have. Let us know how you get on.

I'd take data [compression readings] I see posted here with a grain of salt, it all depends on who posts the readings. That is unless I'm doing the compression test myself. A picture is worth more to me for evaluating a cleaning product I'm considering using. The problem with before and after pics is they have to be taken with a grain of salt too, again depending on who posts them.

Best bet for any member who is considering using a cleaning product spoken about on the board is spend some time and really read through the threads. It will become obvious who has an agenda, and who is giving honest testimony. I was recently reminded of Kreen, and if I come across an engine that needs cleaning I wouldn't hesitate to try it, strictly based on what I feel is honest, agenda free testimony! JMO

BTW those remarks go for oil, filters, or anything else mentioned on the board.

Genius, I like that.

Well rocket scientist, people who post those readings that I believe don't have an agenda, I'd believe them. Eg: Trajan, Bill in Utah, Johnny, DREW99GT, C3PO, and many, many others. Your readings and pics just might not cut it for me, you have a crystal clear agenda. How's that?

Your tone does wonders for selling product BTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back