PP 5W-30 in a Mitsubishi 6G72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anybody here has a UOA of PP 5W-30 in a Mitsubishi 6G72 engine? Searched the UOA section, and it was mostly Amsoil and Mobil 1. Going to be running this to 16,000 km (10,000 miles) and getting a UOA done, but was looking for something to compare against.

I had Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 in mine up until this morning. Last night, the engine started operating louder than usual and I could literally hear all the HLAs ticking. Did Mitsubishi's exercise to clean them up and quieten them down, but it did not help. Checked the oil and it was literally dripping like water off the dipstick when it wasn't like that before. Parked the car until I could change the oil. Today I dumped the stuff, put PP 5W-30 in and my engine is as quiet as it used to be. Definitely not using any Middle Eastern sourced lubricants again, regardless of brand!
31.gif

Shell's 'Helix' lubricants and PP oils are, I suspect, a LOT closer related than most think. AFAIK, they both use Shell's XHVI slack-wax derived group III base oil.

I wouldn't be surprised. However, the Shell Helix Ultra I used was sourced from Oman, not USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back