Question on Auto Rx...is it working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that this did not work for me on my 2000 Toyota Corolla. I did not get it until about 55,000 miles and it had been used as a rental. The first time I had the oil changed they let it drain for about 15 minutes or maybe longer and told me it took forever to come out. I knew then I had sludge problems. I followed the instructions at the time and even went through a second full set of the sludge instructions and through both of these my oil light would come on and even some times you could hear the engine like it was not getting oil. I got more out of using semi-synthetic oil or synthetic oil then I did using auto-rx. I know it works for some but for this car it did not work. I even used it in my transmission and had to dispose of this car after 92,000 miles because when the car got hot it would not engage in reverse as it seemed to go into neutral. I decided it was not worth it and bought another car.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
I'm not dancing, I'm just laughing at some of you being silly. People here pull valve covers when a gasket has failed, or a head requires removal, it sure doesn't happen for voyeuristic tendencies.

Likely answer so that you don't have to prove anything...

If I'm the customer and you want me to purchase your product my psychological needs need to be met in order for me to feel the willingness to purchase said product because I feel that I'm getting my monies worth because the product meets my needs and does what it claims to do as advertised.

Auto-RX Claims to clean sludge and deposits from within the engine. A picture of said engine before and after a completed Auto-Rx Clean & Rinse Phase would show said cleaning abilities.

Quite simple really... You as a distributor that wants to sell a customer said product needs to meet the said psychological requirements of the customer in order to part them from their money.

No pictures, no proof, no confidence, no sale.

You can't say "Oh purchase my product because I say it works and that's all you need, just trust me and give me your money..."

And if you can then I want to open up shop in that area I got lots of things to sell!

Understand? Comprende?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trajan
Originally Posted By: StevieC
thankyou2.gif

So if doesn't work for you, will it be because it went on strike?

Yes, it's revolting...
lol.gif

'Your psycholigacal needs' Are you sure your on the right forum? I must ask my clients, who buy millions of $$ worth of stuff each year, if I'm meeting 'their psycholigacal needs'. I'd better not though as they'd die laughing! You are a funny fella and I thankyou for making my day..

'Your psycholigacal needs' Are you sure your on the right forum? I must ask my clients, who buy millions of $$ worth of stuff each year, if I'm meeting 'their psycholigacal needs'. I'd better not though as they'd die laughing! You are a funny fella and I thankyou for making my day..

Just because they buy "Millions of $$ worth of stuff each year" doesn't mean it works.

Where is your proof that they are buying this much?

This is the Internet and we could all claim to be CEO's running multi-national corporations if we wanted to...

smirk2.gif
Sprintman you have been hung out to dry on this site with regards to Auto-Rx and every time someone has given you a chance to prove your credibility and Auto-Rx's you don't, you pick at members and beat around the bush.

You can't even spell psychological right. (see above)

Let this thread serve as final proof you are out to lunch and probably nothing more than a liar.

cheers3.gif
to you "Fella".

It's pretty obvious that his clients aren't buying millions of $$$ worth of Auto-Rx. It wasn't "buy millions of dollars worth of THE stuff", it was just "stuff" ...aka ..machinery of various kinds.

This is what is written on the back of the auto-rx bottle:

Use Auto-Rx in your 4,6, or 8 cylinder engine to safely and EFFECTIVELY REMOVE oil builup and grime. Auto-Rx has been independently PROVEN to restore compression, increase usable combustion, reduce bad hydrocarbons and drive ALL third party abrasives, dirt, carbon and sludge into your oil filter.

I take the word ALL to mean that auto-rx will even clean up the VALVETRAIN and everything else inside the engine.

Think about it guys, if auto-rx really did everything that it says on the back of the bottle of auto-rx then auto-rx would still be a sponsor on BITOG.

If auto-rx really did everything, we would not be talking about or even be thinking about using these other oil additives:

1) Kreen
2) MMO
3) Seafoam
4) Neutra
5) Rislone
6) Amsoil Engine Flush
7) Gunk Motor Flush
8) Berryman's B-12

Are you so sure?

I guess if MMO did everything that's (Turtle Wax doesn't even) claimed, you would not be discussing

Kreen
Seafoam
Neutra
Rislone
Amsoil Engine Flush
Gunk Motor Flush
Berryman's B-12

Quite obviously you would. I guess MMO is just another disappointing product ..just like Auto-Rx. If it wasn't, you would not be talking about every other product as long as it's not Auto-Rx.

There you have it
21.gif

If Auto-RX works like it is supposed to work than people who support and believe in Auto-RX should have no problem with anybody producing some sort of proof that Auto-RX works. It does not matter if that proof consists of before and after photographs or compression testing or whatever. In fact, Auto-RX supporters should want such proof themselves and encourage such proof to be presented here. If a product works who would discourage proof being shown here? Solid proof would result in an increase of sales of the product.

This is the bottom line for me. If I see supporters of Auto-RX discouraging the presentation of proof the only thing I can conclude is that apparently the proof that Auto-RX works is not as strong as they claim. What else am I supposed to conclude?

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Are you so sure?

I guess if MMO did everything that's (Turtle Wax doesn't even) claimed, you would not be discussing

Kreen
Seafoam
Neutra
Rislone
Amsoil Engine Flush
Gunk Motor Flush
Berryman's B-12

Quite obviously you would. I guess MMO is just another disappointing product ..just like Auto-Rx. If it wasn't, you would not be talking about every other product as long as it's not Auto-Rx.

There you have it
21.gif

I am an openminded person, I have no problem reading about other oil additives, its the other members who are discussing these oil additives or maybe giving them a try since auto-rx did not work for them.

There has never been any kind of proof of sales volume from this company beyond a testimonial, there has never been any proof of any contract with any government entity beyond a bunch of wild and fantastical testimonials, and there has never been any kind of verifiable, reproducible proof that it works at anything other than making money for Frank except by testimonial. And I'm not so sure it's even very good at that. I used to call this stuff snake oil, but I think hot air might be a better term.

Gary thankyou for spotting the bleedin obvious, that I wasn't saying I sold millions of $$ worth of RX. And I can spell very well thanks, I'm just a hopeless two finger typeest.

Remember those Synlube guys? I hate to bring up bad memories but some of those guys were forever saying that they were going to produce a UOA of Synlube. And it never happened. Members here went out of their own way and with their own funding tried to produce VOAs and UOAs of Synlube. These mysterious Synlube guys never produced anything.

Well, solid proof that Auto-RX has never been presented to my knowledge. And I say this as a former strong supporter of Auto-RX. People get verbally assaulted if they suggest before and after photographs of valvetrains! Hey, if the stuff works you should want those photographs to be shown here! Am I wrong?

Originally Posted By: c3po
This is what is written on the back of the auto-rx bottle:

Use Auto-Rx in your 4,6, or 8 cylinder engine to safely and EFFECTIVELY REMOVE oil builup and grime. Auto-Rx has been independently PROVEN to restore compression, increase usable combustion, reduce bad hydrocarbons and drive ALL third party abrasives, dirt, carbon and sludge into your oil filter.

I take the word ALL to mean that auto-rx will even clean up the VALVETRAIN and everything else inside the engine.

Think about it guys, if auto-rx really did everything that it says on the back of the bottle of auto-rx then auto-rx would still be a sponsor on BITOG.

If auto-rx really did everything, we would not be talking about or even be thinking about using these other oil additives:

1) Kreen
2) MMO
3) Seafoam
4) Neutra
5) Rislone
6) Amsoil Engine Flush
7) Gunk Motor Flush
8) Berryman's B-12

Truth is if you are looking to clean up an engine no need to look any further than MMO. I've used it since the 1970's with great results. However after reading about Kreen, Tarjan IIRC an A-Rx user posted good results. I'd recommend Kreen based on his experiences. The board is about sharing, if other products work I want to hear about it. If Kreen can clean an engine better than MMO great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me I'm into a slower cleaning so I'd probably stick with MMO, but you never know.

For me A-Rx dropped the ball, for others it worked. Cool by me, but if I had to pick a product to free up lifters, or clean an engine after trying A-Rx and MMO, MMO wins hands down. YMMV That is JMO

My auto RX results
Gary Allan

Loc: Pottstown, PA quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The sludge I see through the oil fill tube is on the top of the cylinder head between the valve springs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you talking "puddy knife" type sludge? As in you could scoop it out and fill a decent size container (I have had some cars, beaters, that were in this condition ..score the sludge and never have a clean oil change ..ever)? I would have a hard time thinking that this will disappear in even three or four ARX applications. The physical size of the filter media cannot sustain that much physical material ..nor can the oil suspend that much.

Frank can obviously correct me and advise otherwise ..but I think that there are limitations to the practical expectations that one can have with Auto-RX. I would still use Auto-RX for an engine in this condition ..since I would not want that much material being introduced into suspension in ONE TREATMENT of some solvent type engine flush. You would definitely want this to disolve in layers ..just like it was created.

Gary, you posted this on 7-29-04

Your own words here, BUT I THINK THAT THERE ARE LIMITATIONS TO THE PRACTICAL EXPECTATIONS THAT ONE CAN HAVE WITH AUTO-RX.

When you spend $27.00 for a bottle of auto-rx your expectations are going to be higher than if you spent $3.99 on a bottle of MMO.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
I just got doen with my 1st cleaning cycle and ready to start my rince cycle. I bought a 2004 Volvo XC70 with 45,000 miles with the 2.5 turbo and the filler cap showed lots of build up and the dip stick is stained pretty bad. These pictures are before the Auto Rx cleaning but the filler hole and dip stick are totally unchanged. They still look exactly like they did before Auto Rx.

I thought they would be a little cleaner at least! I followed the directions to the "T". I'm still going to do the 2nd cleaning cycle after the 3,000 mile rince. Hopefully this will be a little cleaner soon!
100_1447.jpg

100_1448.jpg

You really shoulf have pullen the valve cover off to see the valve train The oil fill seem to be a baffle and doesn't get enough oil on it to clean. It is a dead area to oil that would collect crud.

I'm not sure what's wrong with wanting to see visible results from a product? If I see that a product is cleaning my valvetrain, I'm going to assume it's cleaning elsewhere. If not, I believe most people would assume the same is occuring throughout the engine.

One other thing confuses me, maybe someone can shed some light on this. How could a product clean certain areas of an engine and not others? Excess heat in those areas? I just mean some people make a product out to have the ability to "choose" where it will clean. When a product cleans ring packs, I assume that the rest of the engine will cleaned as well. Possibly at a different rate, but still cleaned.

Nothing will clean above the baffle under the oil fill hole, not RX, MMO, Seafoam or anything else you can name. The examples are getting more ridiculous every day. Get a rag, soak it in petrol, and clean it that way if you must.

Nothing will clean above the baffle under the oil fill hole, not RX, MMO, Seafoam or anything else you can name. The examples are getting more ridiculous every day. Get a rag, soak it in petrol, and clean it that way if you must.

I'm speaking of the valvetrain, not the baffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back