Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40 Euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have spoke up to her directly as they last Q&A indicated to do. The free oil was to pacify us until we have a stable acquisition source.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Am I reading this right? Did a bunch of you get FREE cases of the new Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40????

Yup. Debbie single-handedly just doubled my oil stash.
55.gif

+1 !!!!!!!!

Thank you to Debbie of Pennzoil!

I never expected a case of oil when I emailed her. I only emailed to ask how to obtain their product and that I had been having to mail order/order oil for my BMW from other vendors.

She asked for my address within a day or so.... and now after being out of town for a week, I come home to a six pack of PU 5W40!!!

Cheers to Shell Oil!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Mandatory photos to prove its existence:

P1050641.jpg

P1050644.jpg

It said on the back label: Specially designed for Ferrari and Maserati cars. It is not usable in American and Asian cars. If you don't have either Ferrari or Maserati you should dispose it as soon as possible.
grin2.gif

Kidding aside, they have it but no local store carries it. Many European engines can use this grade, their marketing dept should do better job in make this product available in the big chains stores and/or WM.

Last edited:
Wow is all I can say. Pennzoil and Debbie are awesome. I still can't find this stuff anywhere. I want to run it so bad on my next run... but I'm stretching this run out now. I emailed Debbie, maybe she can still hook some of us up. I will say though, I posted early and often in this thread... so I'm not just jumping in here for free oil (though I'd love to have it!!). I really just want to know where I can get it so I can get it in the sump asap! :p

If Debbie doesn't work out, try giving the part number (visible on the barcode pictured above) to your local PepBoys, AutoZone or AdvanceAuto and see if they can order it for you.

If not, hopefully Pennzoil's online store will be up soon.

If Debbie doesn't work out, try giving the part number (visible on the barcode pictured above) to your local PepBoys, AutoZone or AdvanceAuto and see if they can order it for you.

I had mentioned I would be able to obtain PU for resale via my old distributor accounts. With the Shell offer to resell online, I did not continue down this road.

What I can offer is advice when dealing with a distributor:

a.) Tell the distributor you are interested in a cash account
b.) DO NOT ask for or MENTION the words "Euro" or "European"
c.) Instead, ask for 'A3' rated oils

Asking for A3 is the key, asking for product by name, especially with 'European' in the name will just throw most of these guys off.

Instead just say, "Do you have an A3 rated 5w30 from Shell?" or..."Instead of the CJ4 5w40, do you have an A3 rated 5w40, I'm pretty sure QS and Pennzoil have one?"

Also if you are armed with the part numbers as posted in this thread, they should be able to help you. They should at minimum tell you they have the QS version. If they do, then they just need you to guide them to getting PU for you.

Cheers!

I emailed her 5 days ago and haven't even gotten an email reply. So I don't know what's up.

And I have a car that's spec'd for 5w40, so I can actually use it

Debbie worked out!!! :)

Thank you Debbie and Pennzoil!

I'm so excited to get this in the sump. This is probably the last oil I'll use in my car. I recently posted a UOA of PP 5w40 euro on the same car as mine and it was exceptional. So I know my car is gonna love it. :D

So there is still no way to get my hands on this oil? My car is turbo and calls for a 0w40 or 5w40. I have been a long time LOYAL SOPUS customer, but the more I'm forced to buy Mobil 1 0w40 the less loyal to SOPUS I become. My new riding mower even has Delvac in it at this point..... XOM is slowly winning me over.....

I just got my email from Debbie. My six quarts are on the way! This is just amazing. Now I hope we can buy this stuff somehow.

David

Man, I am very close to switching from my plan to try Castrol SLX Professional LL03 (VW 504/507 oil) in the Audi S4 V8 to the new Ultra 5W-40. I'm going to hit up Debbie to see if I can buy some from her. Not expecting a freebie, but shipping covered would be real nice.

If I can get a batch of 12 quarts, I'll do a VOA and then a series of UOAs every 2.5K until 10K miles...

Originally Posted By: OldBaldy
I'm going to hit up Debbie to see if I can buy some from her. Not expecting a freebie, but shipping covered would be real nice.

She has no way of selling it to you right now. That is why they're working to get that website up and running. But until then, she might just give it to you for free.

Quote:

If I can get a batch of 12 quarts, I'll do a VOA and then a series of UOAs every 2.5K until 10K miles...

Mention to her that your car has a large oil sump. She might send you two cases instead of one.

I emailed her on this past Thursday and have yet to hear anything back from her yet. Hopefully she replies back soon, even if i don't get any freebies

I think Debbie is receiving a ton of emails asking for Ultra 5W40, either how to buy it or how to get a free case, she is overrun by members of BITOG the last 10 days or so, give her sometime to respond to your email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back