2010 SCAG Tiger Cat with 27HP Kohler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help with the P/N of the Kohler oil filter on my SCAG? I have the Command Pro 27 engine. The oil filter is rather close to the frame on the right side.

All of the oil filters in stock locally are too long. It looks like mine is about 2 1/2" long.

Thanks for any help.

David

Unless Kohler's made major changes, it's probably their 1205001 filter which they use on most of their engines. It crosses to WIX 51056/Fram PH8172/Puro L35310, and is about 2-5/8" or so long. Double-check the part # to be sure!!
thumbsup2.gif

Here's the longer of the two Kohler filters on my Z-Force, Kohler Courage 20 twin as it came from the factory. Supposedly the longer filter is the Kohler "premium" filter. I cut open this filter after it's initial oil change. It's a decently constructed filter, nothing special. As you can see I've got plenty of room on mine. It's got a Supertech ST3600 on there now.

007-1.jpg

Joel

Last edited:
The standard Briggs and Stratton oil filter will fit just fine. The black one available at Home Cheapo or Lowes. About 10 dollars. Made by Champion Labs. Silicone ADBV and well made, even though it is tiny. Part number is 492932S. Worth the money. Since my application allowed for a longer filter, I went with the MotorCraft FL400S.

Dave

If you're nervous about bringing home the wrong thing, you can get away with nearly a 1/2 turn on the filter before the oil starts leaking out. O'Reilly's or NAPA will be able to cross-match it from their computer.

My filter's identifiers are on a piece of cardboard I keep tacked on the wall in my garage. I pull it when I go to the parts store at oil change time(twice a year) .

I keep a card with my truck's information in the glove box. Never have to guess or look it up.

supertech st3614 and rotella 10w-30 in my 22hp kohler today so far so good. the st3614 is about 3/4 inch longer than the standard kohler filter

Hey thanks guys. I beleive the 1205001 is the one I'm needing. I know I could have unscewed it a bit to look at the number on the filter but was concerned about it leaking afterwards.

This board rocks!

David

Originally Posted By: Big Dave
Hey thanks guys. I beleive the 1205001 is the one I'm needing.

David

Dave, they're also listed as KH-12-050-01-S. For the extended/premium Kohler filter. That's the one I pictured above. Even on mine, I've got more room for length, but can't go any bigger in diameter because the filter will hit the engine mounting pan.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back