Is Conoco Gasoline any good ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

This morning on my back to my summer college classes, I stopped at a local Conoco gas station and filled up with 87 (Regular). As I started accelerating down the street, I noticed that the car seems more responsive and feel smoother while driving. I've always use Chevron 89 (Midgrade) but it does not seem to make the car accelerate easily or is the drive feeling any smooth at all. I tried Conoco because I heard good words about the fuel and it is rated Top Tier. What do you guys think about Conoco fuels and how you rate it?
12.gif

Conoco, Phillips 66, and 76 are one in the same. I try to run Phillips in the car just by preference, no hard facts to sway me.

My cars run smooth with any gas station, but I never buy gas at Citgo (and Arco because Arco only accepts Debit cards and cash). My preference are Chevron, Shell and 76.

Keep in mind that filling up in the summer time tends to have a "placebo" effect. Gasoline is stored in underground tanks where it is cooler, so that first drive after filling up will be colder gas, which is more dense.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Keep in mind that filling up in the summer time tends to have a "placebo" effect. Gasoline is stored in underground tanks where it is cooler, so that first drive after filling up will be colder gas, which is more dense.

Thats interesting. No wonder it feels great right after filling up.

I imagine different vehicles will react very differently. For what it is worth, I get excellent results with ConocoPhillips 87 octane in my 1998 F150. Shell seems to run slightly better and Chevron is #3 in a very close race. Other brands' 87 octane ping when I hit it hard in third gear.

Then, my 2007 Lincoln LT seems to be perfectly happy with any gas. So, go with what works best for you and has the best pricing.

Thanks everyone. I going to keep filling up with Conoco 87 octane and keep you guys updated on the performance of the 2003 Hyundai Elantra GT. I'll keep you guys updated !

S2500Dog,

OH yeah Conoco is high quality gas so if it's cheap and with in your pocket book then go for it. Here in California it's always one of the highest priced gases around. Shell is the highest in my hood..... regular/$3.70....midgrade/$3.80..... Super/$3.90.

Heck I buy what ever is the lowest priced. Right now it's ARCO or Costco. Way too many crooks over here always trying to get my money. esides that I'm only 15 miles away from the refineries in Torrance and it still costs an arm and a leg. I wish Obama would freeze gas prices.

Durango

Hey Durango,

I filled up with Conoco 87 yesyerday in my hood and it was only $2.47 a gallon in Fort Worth, Texas which is very resonable in my wallet lol. So far everything is going well and the Hyundai Elantra continues to be very responsive and insuring a smooth ride which I like.

S2500Dog,

Dude you make me so jealous! You Texans know your gas and cars. Here in Los Angeles for every nickle I save something comes up and cost me eight cents to handle it. No wonder why California is in a pickle. We pay the highest prices around and were taxed outta the wazoo and we STILL can't pay our bills.

The cheapest gas I've seen is ARCO which is just below three bucks/gallon. To us that's a bargain. What a bummer. If we had prices like you had I could save so much money the average working class man/women can actually put money in the bank!!!!

Anyway keep up with Conoco gas. Your buying a winner!!:)

Durango

Conoco/phillips66 makes great gas. Even better is they have a mastercard that gives you 4% cashback on all purchases at conoco/phillips66/76 stations including snacks and gas.

They also don't use middle eastern oil. Most of their oil comes from the US and Korea. They have several refineries and you are getting true conoco/phillips66 gas whenever you fill up.

Last edited:
There are no Conoco stations in town here, but some Flying J truck stops sell Conoco gasoline. I have found it to be excellent - it performs well and returns unbeatable MPG. Significantly better than Pilot, Speedway, and the Flying J stations that sell generic gasoline.

I've recently started to use it, and compared to Shell V-Power have experienced no change in fuel economy or driveability

Filled up today at Speedway (Marathon)at 2.59/gal. Ohio no longer requires posting of the 10 % ethanol content so it is unknown what you are buying.--- Oldtommy

Originally Posted By: badtlc
They also don't use middle eastern oil. Most of their oil comes from the US and Korea. They have several refineries and you are getting true conoco/phillips66 gas whenever you fill up.

That is both interesting and important to me. I was checking the Kendall oil at AZ last night and saw on the bottle it is made by Conoco/Phillips. I wonder if they use the same Korean and US stocks for their motor oil too? I am thinking about changing from Napa brand (Ashland/Valvoline) to the Kendall GT-1. It's a synth blend but only costs about 40 cents more per quart than Napa conventional dino.

They don't have Conoco or Phillips 66 gas here in Florida or I would use it too. Sounds like it's a good quality gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back