Toyo or Yokahama ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbm

I need some new tires for my Buick and I've narrowed it down to TOYO EXTENSA A/S or Yokohama AVID Touring S tires. Both are rated 620 A/B. Which would you choose?

Originally Posted By: pbm
I need some new tires for my Buick and I've narrowed it down to TOYO EXTENSA A/S or Yokohama AVID Touring S tires. Both are rated 620 A/B. Which would you choose?

Check out tire rack and consumer reports. When I last looked there were better choices.

I put the Yokahama Avid Touring on my wifes Nissan Altima and they have 35,000 on them and there not even half wore out yet. I havent even rotated as often as I was told and there all wearing even to. Very good tires. IMO

Originally Posted By: 5sfe91
Both pretty equal to each other if i had too choose it might be the TOYO EXTENSA A/S. Is there a price difference?

They're both about $75 each delivered. I don't like to spend much more than that because alignment issues are usually my tires demise.

The Extensa's that I checked were made in China so that would make me favor the Made in the USA Yoko's everything else being equal.

Toyo's are well regarded up here and I'm on my 3 set of winter tires. Never an issue with them.

We have personal experience with Toyos and they were excellent in the Proxes 4 all season configuration.

But I've heard great things about Yokos too.

We had the Avid on my wife car. Great tire and high UTQG for the price.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I ordered the Yokohamas....Thanks guys.
Good choice IMO. Had a set of the Yoko Avid Touring's (no 'S' then) on an 01 Civic as an OE replacement. Got nearly 70k out of them, and was very satisfied with ride and treadwear.

Replaced them with a set of Gen. HP's because of the great promo/rebate deal on the tire at the time. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another set of the Avid Touring S.

Good choice on the Yokohamas! Yokohama has been pushing forward in recent tire development and will be the next brand on my car.

Lawrence

I have bought top Michelins for over 20 years, but they were double the price for 16" for my 2000 Concorde. I bought Yoko Avid Touring S and am very happy with them. I gave them a serious rain test yesterday driving in two downpours, didn't plane once.

check out tiresdirect.net for good prices on the toyo's. I just put 4 toyo replacing yoko's. My opinion is that the toyo's are a better quality tire.

As per the tire shop, the toyo's are not made in china anymore due to the new tariff laws (30% increase).

I price matched tiresdirect.net at the tireshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back