Where is the talk about real guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know the type that are actually used for something other than plinking at the range? I am talking high powered hunting rifles, shotguns and slug guns that type of thing. Seems this forum is all about pistols or auto rifles. None of which are really useful for much of anything. Anybody out there actually USE there guns to kill with? You know bears, elk, moose, deer, squirrels, rabbits that kind of thing? Not knocking pistols and AR's but 99.99% of them will never be used for anything other than the occasional plinking.

Here is what I am talking about. Me sighting my slug gun in getting ready for deer season.

My slug gun/shot gun.

Shelbysniffingmysluggun.jpg

My Knight disc elite 50cal muzzleloader

NewDiscElite002.jpg

Taken with my Knight muzzleloader

P1000621.jpg

I also have a Savage 7mm rem mag for long range hunting.

Last edited:
Here is something for you!! Search for the Specialty Pistols forum. There I am known as BobsArmory. We shoot all sorts of meat with handguns like the Encore, Remington XP and many other custom guns at insane ranges from 50yds to 700 yds in calibers from the 14 cal bullets all the way up to 416 Rem Mag

http://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve
If I figure out how to post pics on this forum I will give you a little taste.

Funny how you think people with long guns seem to be more likely to use them. IME hunters shoot the least of all gun types. I know a deer hunter that has been shooting out of the same box of 20 rounds for 12 years.

Originally Posted By: milwaukee
Funny how you think people with long guns seem to be more likely to use them. IME hunters shoot the least of all gun types. I know a deer hunter that has been shooting out of the same box of 20 rounds for 12 years.
Thats funny, when I grew up in PA and used to deer hunt with my Dad, shells for his 30-06 would actually have green stuff growing on them, grungy tarnished shells, he never shot unless he killed a deer, they were so old. They still shot, I think I still have half a box of his shells from the sixties, that he didnt shoot yet. One season he bought a new box at Kmart, just because he said, he wanted new shiny shells. Nobody target practiced. Only time you shot at anything but live animals, were when you shot a scope in and that ussually took about 3-5 shells.

Last edited:
I wish I had time to hunt. I wish I had the patience to hunt. I wish I had the ability to take care of the animal I shot. But I don't, so I kill paper, pork shoulders, doors, steel drums, and other things. I'd probably be willing to bet, I "use" my guns more than most hunters.

Last edited:
I've gone hunting, but I've never used guns while doing it.

I own guns for self/home defense and I hope I never have to fire a bullet while doing so.

Originally Posted By: Pete C.
I've used an M16 to kill with. An M1 too. do they count as real guns in your world?
M16 not a real gun
M1 a real gun
28.gif

Originally Posted By: ProStreetCamaro
You know the type that are actually used for something other than plinking at the range? I am talking high powered hunting rifles, shotguns and slug guns that type of thing. Seems this forum is all about pistols or auto rifles. None of which are really useful for much of anything. Anybody out there actually USE there guns to kill with? You know bears, elk, moose, deer, squirrels, rabbits that kind of thing? Not knocking pistols and AR's but 99.99% of them will never be used for anything other than the occasional plinking..
We prefer it to be called tactical plinking.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
I've used an M16 to kill with. An M1 too. do they count as real guns in your world?
M16 not a real gun
M1 a real gun
28.gif

They both killed the same type of warm blooded animals I was shooting at. I said M16 not AR15.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
M16 not a real gun
M1 a real gun
28.gif

They both killed the same type of warm blooded animals I was shooting at. I said M16 not AR15.
The M1 is the real gun. Don't matter what you do with the M16.

What do gun owners stand to gain by fighting amongst ourselves?

"Real" guns are for hunting? Seriously?

Denigrating someone's choice of firearm or what they do with it does not help anyone. It does not further your sport, nor does it further the right to keep and bear arms.

New handgun cartridges have been developed specifically with sporting purposes in mind - the .460 S&W, .480 Ruger, and .500 S&W, for example - along with the guns that fire them.

The Browning BAR has been around for decades and is certainly a capable hunting rifle.

AR-based guns have exploded in popularity over the past 10-20 years and have become more and more specialized for those wishing to hunt with them. From the .17 Fireball and .204 Ruger to the 6.8 SPC and 6.5 Grendel to the .450 Bushmaster and .50 Beowulf (and everything inbetween), there's something for the short-action AR fan for almost every North American animal.

Step up to the long-action AR and you have other hunting cartridges available such as .243 Win, .260 Rem, .308 Win, and .338 Fed.

Camouflaged guns are available, as are scoped guns, and varmint rigs. Stainless barrels, aluminum receivers, and synthetic furniture make AR-based guns very well suited for damp climates.

The OP smacks of ignorance. Handguns and semi-auto rifles are used for hunting and are growing in popularity for that task.

I know plenty, but myself do not because I don;t want to actually gut,skin nor want to pay for it to be done... I'd love to eat what I kill, except for the wild boars, wolves/coyote... I'd just kill them for cause and let the birds of prey and vultures get them. These an AR, 30-30 or a 9mm, even a 10mm have been used.

Most AR ,AKs etc are mostly just toys for their owners. The AR has lots of flexabiltiy to turn it into pretty much any kind of rifle that you would need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back