Live and in person ... T5 10w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnewton3

Staff member
Yup - I actually saw several gallon jugs at a TSC in Shelbyville, KY this past weekend.

I just about freaked out. I've seen the 10w-30 T5 at WW, but never thought I'd see the 10w-40 in real life on the shelf somewhere.

I almost bought it on the spot, except it would have been hard to get it all the way home on my Goldwing, and I don't think the wife would have been willing to give up her seat ...

Last edited:
TSC will ship.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
TSC will ship.
grin2.gif

You're not exactly helping me, Johnny. I've already got GALLONS of dino Rotella 10w-30 (my personal favorite) waiting to slip into something mechanical.

I was just shocked to see that product actually exist on the shelf. It was sitting right next to the hen's teeth ...

Last edited:
i seen some 10w-40 at a tsc in fremont, oh yesterday.

you weren't seeing things, its out and available

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Yup - I actually saw several gallon jugs at a TSC in Shelbyville, KY this past weekend.

I just about freaked out. I've seen the 10w-30 T5 at WW, but never thought I'd see the 10w-40 in real life on the shelf somewhere.

I almost bought it on the spot, except it would have been hard to get it all the way home on my Goldwing, and I don't think the wife would have been willing to give up her seat ...

10w40 has been at my TSC for months now.
21.gif
, you gota get out more dn3. : )

When I was picking up 4 gallons of Fleet Charge at my local TSC for my radiator flush on my 7.3L, which had it MUCH CHEAPER than my local NAPA, I saw the Rotella T5 10w-40, which I found interesting. I didn't know they made it. I was also reading the labels on the Traveller 15w-40, which I had never heard of either.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
The question is to use the 10w-30 or the 10w-40 syn blend!!!!

Yep, that is the question.
My wally world has the T5 in 10w-30 and TSC has the T5 10w-40.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
The question is to use the 10w-30 or the 10w-40 syn blend!!!!

The real underlying question is not this, but rather when will some creative BITOGer think he knows "better" and mixes the two, thereby creating a 10w-35?
crazy2.gif

You never want to be too thick or thin, you know ...
grin2.gif

Last edited:

You should go back and buy it all up and sell it to all the oil junkies here. lol

The real underlying question is not this, but rather when will some creative BITOGer think he knows "better" and mixes the two, thereby creating a 10w-35?
crazy2.gif

You never want to be too thick or thin, you know ...
grin2.gif

Yeah, or you could just mix the 5w-40 (T6) with the 15w-40 (T) to make a 10w-40 Syn. Blend!
20.gif

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back