Using Mobil 1, but should I be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by drewjp:
Well, I just picked up a 5qt. jug of PP 5W-30 at Wallyworld for $19, three bucks cheaper than M1....I'll give it a shot.

I'll also probably get my first UOA after 5,000mi on this oil!

Excited to see if the noise goes down at all, too...

That is one of (if not the only) major gripe about M1, is the fact that alot of people say it makes their engines noisier than other oils. I personally can vouch for that, having used it before. It by no means is a bad oil (although GoldenRod will argue that point till your ears fall off). BTW, you were being WAY too conservative with your old 3K OCI's. Even now that you plan on doing 5K OCI's, it is still very conservative with M1 or PP. You could easily be using a good dino at those intervals, but that's JMO...
cheers.gif

I think I'll go 5k/about 6 months on it, and get an UOA, and post the results here to determine if I could go longer or not...

Should I get the TBN(correct letters?) report with my Blackstone report? It's supposed to give you an indication of how much life is left in the oil??

I clarify on the 5W40 Pennzoil Platinum because the rest of the lineup is a fantastic, high quality group V synth that rivals M1.

quote:

Originally posted by BrianWC:
Cheap good synthetic oil. I just may drink it. That's what the M1 groupies do, isn't it?

Actually we use it on waffles and pancakes. The color looks just like real maple syrup and M1, ounce for ounce, is much less expensive.
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back