What oil for EZ-GO 4 stroke golf cart

Status
Not open for further replies.
30wt?

golfcart.jpg

I'm thinking a straight 30 like Rotella/Castrol/Pennzoil for summer, or a 10-30 (always liked Rotella) for year-round use.

Pocono area, eh? Has all the snow melted yet???
grin2.gif

I'm not sure what weight oil it recommends (who makes the engine?), I'm just impressed with the cart and the fact you own it. Put on a windshield and drive it around town.

Originally Posted By: RWEST
I'm thinking a straight 30 like Rotella/Castrol/Pennzoil for summer, or a 10-30 (always liked Rotella) for year-round use.

Pocono area, eh? Has all the snow melted yet???
grin2.gif

Yeah, last week! :)

I agree with RWEST ,I use 10w/30 year around. I do like the Rotella in an aircooled engine like the robin.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I'm not sure what weight oil it recommends (who makes the engine?), I'm just impressed with the cart and the fact you own it. Put on a windshield and drive it around town.

Yep, I'm ordering a windshield soon.
beer3.gif

I only drive it around the community.

I believe EZ-Go uses Kawasaki and Yamaha single cyl OHV air cooled engines. I'd use a 5w40 or 15w40 HDEO, but a heavy-duty 30wt would be fine for PA climate as well.

Joel

My winter work is at a golf course that's used as a winter rec area. We have a few EZ-Gos that get used year-round, but some of them go years and years without getting their oil changed. 10/30 works just fine.

Originally Posted By: JTK
I believe EZ-Go uses Kawasaki and Yamaha single cyl OHV air cooled engines. I'd use a 5w40 or 15w40 HDEO, but a heavy-duty 30wt would be fine for PA climate as well.

Joel

Mine has a 2 cyl engine. I think EZ-GO makes their own motors.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back