Which car has lowest rpms at 75mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hah, sounds like Vette envy to me!

Sadly many of us are driving appliances now. I fear for the "fun factor" as cars become more mileage focused.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
hah, sounds like Vette envy to me!

Sadly many of us are driving appliances now. I fear for the "fun factor" as cars become more mileage focused.

Well, most small cars can be made entertaining for autocross with some sway bars and a file to slot the front struts...

Quote:
So if the car only gets 33.6 mph at 65 mph (considering that the car is a light, Aerodynamic, two seater) the engine is not producing that 35 (or whatever) hp particularly efficiently

Thats very impressive when you consider the weight of a Corvette.
33.6 MPG and thats not drafting an 18 wheeler on the highway.

My 64 MG Midget w/1100cc (67 ho)engine ran 4000 rpm @ 60mph. Drove from Cincinnati - New Orleans one year, often at 85 mph, and averaged 34 mpg....

I remember Olds had a model one yr called Turnpike Cruiser (?) or something like that and as I recall it was less than 1200 rpm @ 60.... IIRC

The first post in this thread says;
"I was wanting to no which auto has the lowest rpms at 75 mph on interstate. Honda's rev a little too high, which translates into lower fuel economy."

The point is, there is more to fuel economy than Low rpm.

Vette envy? No.
The way the roads are here I would more fun driving and appliance or slow classic car, then saving my money for a Track car (Locost) or even Go Kart

I have an 8.0 L Dodge Ram that cruises at about 2000 rpm at 75mph. Ands manages 13 mpg in the process! Whoo Hooo!
No vette envy here.

Thought you might want to see an ECONOMY CAR !

30585Cropped_Side_View.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

I was stating that IN GENERAL, low RPM helps efficiency.

I was going to say that in general, mechanical advantage helps efficiency...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back