My thoughts on Napa Adaptive one pads and rotors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard a lot of good stuff about the Napa adaptive one pads and since I needed new rotors I got napa ultra premium rotors and adaptive pads together. I have to say the brakes stop VERY good for the stock set up. The rotors are guaranteed to never warp and the pads are lifetime guarantee also. I would have to highly recommend this set up. The pads look to be of high quality and came with the hardware and the rotors looked fantastic with a very nice finish on them. They feel just like the factory brakes did which happened to be very good minus the warped rotors. Took me about 45 minutes to complete the job on my 07 Yukon on the ground with hand tools. Easiest brake job I have ever done before.

Napabrakes.jpg

Last edited:
Mine worked fine for about 30,000 miles, then they started squeaking intermittently.

Pads still have 50% left though.

I got them on my parents 5.3l silverado, stops much better than stock, no squeaking. Did you turn the rotors when you did the job critic?

I'm looking for rotors and pads for the front of my truck but couldn't find any NAPA'S open yesterday. They had the best price on name brand rotors I could find...Raybestos for $21.00.
What did the rotors run you and who makes them? Are those pads lifetime guaranteed for wear and tear or limited lifetime [censored] guarantee? And how much were they?

The pads are guaranteed to when metal hits metal (be it a bracket or worn pad indicator) you get a new set. The rotors the last set I used were made in USA but I do not know who made them.

Originally Posted By: defektes
The pads are guaranteed to when metal hits metal (be it a bracket or worn pad indicator) you get a new set. The rotors the last set I used were made in USA but I do not know who made them.

I've never known any Napa pads to be warrantied for wear. You may want to double-triple check that. But anyway, I have the Adaptive One's on the front of my car with the premium rotors, and oe pads and rotors on the rear because they didnt offer the adaptive one for the rear on my car. They do seem to be very good pads though. Depending on the pad number, I've seen them from USA, Canada, and China. But either way, regardless of origin they seem to be very good.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
I'm looking for rotors and pads for the front of my truck but couldn't find any NAPA'S open yesterday. They had the best price on name brand rotors I could find...Raybestos for $21.00.
What did the rotors run you and who makes them? Are those pads lifetime guaranteed for wear and tear or limited lifetime [censored] guarantee? And how much were they?

$105 each and I am not sure who makes them. The entire rotor including the hub part was perfectly finished and the non contact areas have a black plating of some sort to prevent rust. Very good quality rotors.

Pads = china

Rotors = china also

http://www.adaptive-one.com/

Last edited:
Wow those are some expensive rotors! They must have the cheap bearings inside. Opposite of my truck that has the expensive hub-assy bearings and the cheap rotors.

I just priced a set of Wagner Ceramics at AAP for $55 and they told me they had a lifetime wear and tear warranty. The pads that were a step down from them...has a 1 time wear and tear warranty.

Do you think these are worth the price? I'm gonna be needing new rotors and pads all around in maybe 6 months. These would run me more than the set of Brembo blanks and Hawk HPS pads I was considering if my math is right.

But if my bank account is as empty in 6 months as it is now...I'll just be getting the basic NAPA rotors and pads and calling it a day.

Originally Posted By: defektes
I got them on my parents 5.3l silverado, stops much better than stock, no squeaking. Did you turn the rotors when you did the job critic?

New rotors were installed when the pads were installed.

It could just be because the hardware was not replaced. The included hardware was the wrong size.

I have over 30k hard miles on adaptive pads on a 2005 Silverado.

A little dusty, but the BEST street pads I've found yet.

We would put them on everything we own if they made them for it!

How can they say the rotors will never warp?
Maybe they have a lifetime warranty, but that is not the same thing at all.
And at practically zero miles, how can you judge the pads?

Based on extensive machine shop experience (in the family) even I could offer a warranty on rotor warpage.

It's less than one in a hundred at our shop, and we even have the Sherrif's contract. Those boys are crazy drivers.

Fact is rotors are almost NEVER warped at all. Just pad deposits from bad drivers sitting at lights with the brakes clamped down tight.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
How can they say the rotors will never warp?
Maybe they have a lifetime warranty, but that is not the same thing at all.
And at practically zero miles, how can you judge the pads?

Steve is correct about the warping. Most rotors dont warp but some do. GM trucks and SUV's are famous for warped rotors. Mine were warped when I bought it and I knew if I turned them it would happen again so I went a head and bought new rotors. If these warp they replace them for me and being a suv that is known for warping rotors felt it was a wise investment.

As for judging the pads it was pretty easy. I knew right away they were pretty good when they just about threw me through the windshield on the very first stop (ten 40 to 5mph hard stops bedding in process). They grabbed hard right away and didnt fade even when i had them smoking. They feel just like the factory pads maybe even a little better.

I know the popular brake article link on the internet says that rotors never warp, but they sure do.
I have cut, and have had cut, too many .

Pad deposits are an unsung problem, for sure. I learned a lot about this too late!

But this does not negate rotors warping.

To further back this up, remember that ALL mfrs have runout and warp specs.
Why would this be if it is not a potential issue?

I'm sure they are good quality parts, but do you guys think that by buying these you are just paying for a warranty up front?

Is the quality that much different than buying a wagner premium rotor or similar?

The only way I can see this being worth the money is if you buy the car with low mileage, and plan to keep it FOREVER, then you make Napa replace multiple sets of rotors or pads.

Most people who buy the lifetime warranty never use it.

Mechtech, with all due respect, my shop manuals have specs for everything.

The existence of a specification is no reason to draw such a conclusion.

I just called my brother in law to check this. 136 rotors turned this last week. Not a single warped one in the bunch.

I'm not saying they do not warp, just that it is very rarely seen even in our very busy shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back