Hercules Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
A co worker wants to buy a set of these online, because she can get a good price on them. She's kinda car savvy, and she says they are good tires. (She came up from down south) Her family has them on a few trucks...

And now she wants my opinion. Judging from what I can come up with, they look like another Cooper sourced tire. They seem to be at a pretty decent price. Gotta do some more research on this one. Anybody ever used this tire? I've heard of a lot of cheap tires, but I've never seen these in my area...
21.gif

Last edited:
Most have great specs.. Check them out.. And a lot cheaper than others..

Had some on my Intrepid for a few years... No noticeable difference in ride compared to the original Good(for one)Years that came from the factory, and lasted much longer..

Not impressed with them. My competitor here sells that line, has for years before I opened recently. Would push them off on Union Pacific Railroad trucks. You know, the ones that run down the right aways? Been peeling them off like mad since I opened. They don't like them, and they do not hold up well under severe conditions, and I would say that running MILES on railroad right of way meets that definition. I'm putting them all in Goodyear, at just above the price they were getting that garbage.

Originally Posted By: HWEaton
Not impressed with them. My competitor here sells that line, has for years before I opened recently. Would push them off on Union Pacific Railroad trucks. You know, the ones that run down the right aways? Been peeling them off like mad since I opened. They don't like them, and they do not hold up well under severe conditions, and I would say that running MILES on railroad right of way meets that definition. I'm putting them all in Goodyear, at just above the price they were getting that garbage.

Ouch, that bad, huh?

When you say goodyear, do you mean Kelly? (which would be at that price point)

BTW, Hercules - according to their web site - is a marketer of tires, and apparently does NOT make them.

So the quality - or lack of quality - will probably vary considerably depending on who they get their tires from.

Yeah, I don't know. He doesn't push very many Hercules passenger tires, so I couldn't tell you. I've seen just a couple of them. When it comes to passenger tires, it's some brand called Avon, which is I think a Michelin associated brand, but I'm not sure and I'm too lazy too look it up right now.

Originally Posted By: CapriRacer
BTW, Hercules - according to their web site - is a marketer of tires, and apparently does NOT make them.

So the quality - or lack of quality - will probably vary considerably depending on who they get their tires from.

Yep, just found out the cooper tire makes them.

They also make a multi mile brand tire too...

Yeah, I don't know. He doesn't push very many Hercules passenger tires, so I couldn't tell you. I've seen just a couple of them. When it comes to passenger tires, it's some brand called Avon, which is I think a Michelin associated brand, but I'm not sure and I'm too lazy too look it up right now.

I think that is cooper too. seems like Cooper tire is everywhere...
27.gif

it's some brand called Avon, which is I think a Michelin associated brand,

Cooper bought the British Avon tire company a few years back. They market some of their U.S. tires here under the Avon label...tirerack seemed to have an exclusive on that brand name for a few years, but they longer sell any Cooper line that I can see.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: CapriRacer

Yep, just found out the cooper tire makes them.

They also make a multi mile brand tire too...

I thought TBC made Multi-Mile. Is TBC owned by Cooper?

http://www.tbcprivatebrands.com/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FordFocus
I used to sell the Hercules MR IV TOURING but they wore out really quick so we stopped carring them. They were cheap for a reason.

How quick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back