Cleaning Motive Bleeder

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys use to clean your power bleeder? Used it for the first time on the truck. The fluid was 4 years old...didnt look bad, but man what a difference.

It is tough to get it all out. Wouldnt want any solvent left in.

I keep mine tightly sealed, and BF is cheap enough, I just pour some fresh in and swish it around, then dump it out when I use my bleeder. I try to do multiple cars at a time to keep the rinses to a minimum and limit the times I do this.

Id imagine non-chlorinated brake cleaner and some rags would do OK, but not sure Id want to worry about reidues or breathing large amounts of that stuff...

I just bleed my brake a week ago. The 3 years old DOT 4 fluid coming out of the bleeder screws weren't bad, a little dark, but the brake pedal is now firmer than before. I should bleed my brake fluid every 2 years as recommended, but I was a little lazy lately. I set the bottle upside down on a paper towel a couple days under the sun, set one end of the hose in a cup and the other end up to drain as much fluid as possible, paper towel to clean/dry other parts.

Motive Bleeder works great on European cars, just twist the cap on the master cylinder then pump. It's a little more work for Asian and American cars. But either way it is probably the best one man brake bleeding tool.

I used 2.5 16oz bottles to flush '00 E430, how many pints did you use ?

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I just bleed my brake a week ago. The 3 years old DOT 4 fluid coming out of the bleeder screws weren't bad, a little dark, but the brake pedal is now firmer than before. I should bleed my brake fluid every 2 years as recommended, but I was a little lazy lately. I set the bottle upside down on a paper towel a couple days under the sun, set one end of the hose in a cup and the other end up to drain as much fluid as possible, paper towel to clean/dry other parts.

Motive Bleeder works great on European cars, just twist the cap on the master cylinder then pump. It's a little more work for Asian and American cars. But either way it is probably the best one man brake bleeding tool.

I used 2.5 16oz bottles to flush '00 E430, how many pints did you use ?

They come in small contaiers...i think i used 2.5 since i wanted to make sure i got all the old out. Like you it wasnt that bad looking but man what difference it made in pedal feel. I mainly bought it to do our Jetta but since decided to pick up the unerversal adapter as well...im glad i did.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: daman
Water....

rinse it out flush with water let dry.

Would adding simple green be overkill...i did get some fluid on the driveway but came off pretty easy with water. Im refering to since it was easy on the driveway it should be easy as a flush for the container.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Originally Posted By: daman
Water....

rinse it out flush with water let dry.

Would adding simple green be overkill...i did get some fluid on the driveway but came off pretty easy with water. Im refering to since it was easy on the driveway it should be easy as a flush for the container.

No i never do just water does the job ,BF washes away with water easy clean up,do pump it through the hose after also to flush that out then leave open for a few days to let the water dry out good then put away.

any on the drive way just hit it with a hose and rinse it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back