New Ford Fusion I4 oil recommendations....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a new 2010 Fusion yesterday with the 2.5L I4 and wondering what oil to use in it. I want to use synthetic and would like to know when you guys think is a good time to switch. It calls for 5w20 is the mobil 1 a quality syn in this weight or should I look else where.
Does anyone know what oil comes in these?

Motorcraft 5W-20 with Motorcraft filters. Run it a Ford's recommended OCI and forget about it.

But yes, M1 0/5W-20 is a good oil too.

I would follow the warranty till it's up, but I am using M1 5-20EP in both of my Duratechs, with 10K OCIs with no problems at all. Nice engines.

Originally Posted By: zulu
Motorcraft 5W-20 with Motorcraft filters. Run it a Ford's recommended OCI and forget about it.

Ok thanks and if I went to syn can I just switch to it next oil change or should I wait? I dont recall seeing MC syn too often do I have to get this at the dealer with the OF? Really sorry if this is in the manual I just got the car last night tho and im at work currently. Was just anxious to find out and see what other people are using.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Spdfrk1990

Ok thanks and if I went to syn can I just switch to it next oil change or should I wait? I dont recall seeing MC syn too often do I have to get this at the dealer with the OF? Really sorry if this is in the manual I just got the car last night tho and im at work currently. Was just anxious to find out and see what other people are using.

I would switch at the first oil change. Not sure where you can get MC synt.

Havoline DS 5w-30 is a very good 5w-20
wink.gif

+1 on Motorcraft 5W-20 SynBlend or Full Syn and a M/C filter. all are available at Wally Mart.

Mobil 1 is also a fine oil, but the MotorCraft is cheaper.

Dave

+3, I dont recall seeing any bad UOAs on this oil. Seems to actually perform better than its price segment.

I'd stick with Motorcraft Synblend oil.

As an added bonus, if you decide to get lazy, WM will change MC Synblend oil - the same price as their other "conventional" oils :)

The way I look at it, you got a Ford, Ford makes their own oil, they know their vehicles, I'd think they know how to make some decent oil to keep their vehicles running.

And just keep it within warranty specs. If your service schedule says 3-7k intervals, don't try extending it any further.

Originally Posted By: tig1

I would switch at the first oil change. Not sure where you can get MC synt.

It's available at Advance Auto,or the dealer. I suggest AA.
55.gif

Some Wal-Marts may also carry it...

Last edited:
5w-20 every 6mo/7500 miles is all you need.

Check and make sure the transmission campaign has been performed on your car prior to delivery if your build date is 3/10 or older-- it is very important.

So it is just a calibration issue or a tranny issue 1 guy said they put the wrong trannys in them lol.

It's a bit of both. The valve bodies appear to have a flaw in them that can usually be resolved with a software update. However, some of the valve bodies will need to be replaced with an updated version if they do not respond well to the software update. The updated software is critical because otherwise, the valve body will cause the clutches to wear prematurely.

Ahh wish I knew about this before I bought the car didnt do my homework. I just bought it yesterday and I could of checked the build date. I did call the dealer tho and they confirmed the ecu was updated. Should I just not worry about it? It shifts really well but then again it only has 170 miles on it now.

Last edited:
I just read off the letter on that link that less then 2% of vehicles that have been reprogrammed are expected to need tranny repair. Mine was done before rolling off the lot so hopefully im good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back