RCR and Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shell did the deal for one reason only, global partnership with every thing Penske is associated with. And believe me, that equals a lot of product sold.

Yup more cars and more markets

I wonder why anyone would want to sponsor Crash Hornish. He need to go back to some added downforce. I'm not sure he will ever give Penske many wins and especially a championship. Kurt on the other hand can wheel a car. His wins at bristol and the short tracks back that up, and his win at Atlanta this year. His image has much improved over the years.

The funniest thing I saw today was a poll on Nascar Now where people seem to think JR will get a win before Gordo. Hopefully if it ever does happen he wont do an interview staring at the ground.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Shell did the deal for one reason only, global partnership with every thing Penske is associated with. And believe me, that equals a lot of product sold.

That is true, but hooking up with Hendrick and his boatload of dealerships wouldn't have been anything to sneeze at either. Penske does offer the Indy cars though. I just would have liked to see my favorite oil hook up with my favorite team. I respect Roger Penske, but he is such a mercenary. Whether it's a car make, a chassis, an engine or a sponsor, he will drop you in a flash if something better comes along. I would be more than a little nervous about doing business with him.

Roger Has his hand in so many things your head would spin, not to mention he's #140 of forbes 400 richest list. He also almost inked a deal to purchase saturn but something fell through with GM on it. He's a pretty powerful person

Quote:
And I agree about the 24 & 48. Life is going to get real interesting around Hendrick Racing.

Is Gordo still part-owner of the 48? Remember back when JJ came on the scene, Gordo was winning everything, and was looking to get into the ownership end of things, so Hendrick set him up as a partner on the 48.

Originally Posted By: Dieselbob

That is true, but hooking up with Hendrick and his boatload of dealerships wouldn't have been anything to sneeze at either.

Penske owns more dealerships in Europe than Hendrick does stateside. People all over the world know who Penske is, outside of courtrooms and NASCAR nobody knows who Hendrick is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back