Power Blaster "Snake Oil Can"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always used WD-40, and never had any issues, but I hear about Power Blaster a lot on this site. So, I'm at WalMart the other day, and what do I see, the much heralded PB, which I have never paid attention to before, mainly due to the can.

BAD first impression, it looks like a can of snake oil, with all the proclamations, strange colors, "As Seen on TV", and funny fonts.

(I'm assuming this is the correct PB people talk about here).

I haven't tried it yet, but hope it works better than the can looks!

Does "PB" stand for "Power Blaster", or is that just an association that's assumed?

(I know, this is a trivial subject, but we're on BITOG, after all
whistle.gif
)

PB Blaster is a decent penetrating oil....I've used it. I spent 10 years restoring a 60's car and what worked best was SeaFoam "Deep Creep" You can also make an excellent penetrating oil by combining ATF & Acetone 50/50. As far a WD-40 goes, having been a professional gunsmith for 30+ years, I don't want anything to do with it. It is, at best, a mediocre penetrant, a poor lubricant and a fair tar remover. I have seen some severely
damaged firearms where the owner sprayed the gun when it was wet and the WD-40, when it dried into a sticky film, encapsulated the water and caused severe rusting...it also penetrates the grain of the wood stocks. As far as a light penetrating lubricant which displaces moisture, try CRC 2-26, very low residue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back