How does PL14610 differ from PL14459

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides the size difference, is there any other difference in terms of filtering capacity or pressure specs?

Honda started using a longer and narrower filter which is universal fit in most honda/acura applications. Is there any affect to the car if it spec'ed for PL14459 when using PL14610?

i ran out of 14459(for my integra) but have a bunch of 14610(intended for my tsx)

PL 14610 is 99.9% efficient at 40 microns.

PL14459 is 99.9% efficient at 20 microns.

You can read that on the box the filter comes in........

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
PureOne...all day...every day

He is asking how they differ. They are both PureOne so that is not how they differ.

As said, the 14610 is rated at 40mu, while the 14459 is rated at 20mu and a different bypass design. That said, I'm currently running the spec'd 14610 on an extended OCI on an Accord 3.0L, and I'd have no issues using it in place of the 14459 to use up a stash. A quality filter, use with confidence.

Originally Posted By: gtx510
I'm not buying the different efficiency ratings. Shouldn't they be the same?
If it'll fit you can also use the mondo-sized ZR-1 filter, PL14619.

http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/resources/Pages/InterchangeGuide.aspx
http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/resources/Popup/Pages/PartDetailPopup.aspx?partnum=PL14610 14-18 psi
http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/resources/Popup/Pages/PartDetailPopup.aspx?partnum=PL14459 12-15 psi

If you don't believe it run down to your local Advance Auto Parts and read it for yourself on the box.

Originally Posted By: calvinnnnnnnnn
Besides the size difference, is there any other difference in terms of filtering capacity or pressure specs?

Honda started using a longer and narrower filter which is universal fit in most honda/acura applications. Is there any affect to the car if it spec'ed for PL14459 when using PL14610?

I can't find any performance difference.

My Hyundai uses the PL14459. I bought some PL14610s for my son's Honda FIT and he moved 15 hours away.

After looking at the specs, I mounted the PL14610 on the Hyundai and it worked fine.

Reducing the needless proliferation of oil filters ought to be a course in any automotive engineering degree program.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: gtx510
I'm not buying the different efficiency ratings. Shouldn't they be the same? If it'll fit you can also use the mondo-sized ZR-1 filter, PL14619.

Given the production variances, there is no real difference between a filter rated at 12-15 psi on the bypass and one rated 14-18 psi. As far as efficiency ratings, you'd need to see the efficiency over a range of micron sizes to assess the filtering differences.

Thank you for adding NOTHING to the thread.
06.gif

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

06.gif

and thank you for doing the same...by making a comment on my post.

Lighten up...Bill in Utah!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

06.gif

and thank you for doing the same...by making a comment on my post.

Lighten up...Bill in Utah!

Thanks for the advice. Enjoy your vacation!

LOL. Oregoonian gets a vacation for not posting an on topic post in a thread, and then responds in kind to a post pointing it out.

But another member breaks a specific rule not to post about where a product is made, recently and clearly posted by the owner and zip happens.

If posting on topic and not contributing to a thread is a requirement to post, then some others should be getting a vacation too. Me thinks some bias and double standard is showing here.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
LOL. Oregoonian gets a vacation for not posting an on topic post in a thread, and then responds in kind to a post pointing it out.

But another member breaks a specific rule not to post about where a product is made, recently and clearly posted by the owner and zip happens.

If posting on topic and not contributing to a thread is a requirement to post, then some others should be getting a vacation too. Me thinks some bias and double standard is showing here.

Well, a few points; (since you decided to comment in public)

You don't know the history of some users.

Some others are going to be getting on point or the same will happen. If you have a PROBLEM on how I'm doing something, I'd SUGGEST you take it up with me PM.

If you feel there is some bias or double standard from me, please PM Helen with your concerns.

Bill

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
BTW, many Hondas can use the 20073 without any leaks

A little off-topic,

I'm confusing about oil filter for '04 Honda S2000. I still have 3-4 Honda OEM filters PCX-004 made by Toyo Roki which is supposed to be best match for it. The PCX-004 is larger (diameter) than the standard filter for most other Honda, I would like to find a replacement with the same diameter and longer if possible. The two 14610 14459 are too small for S2000.

When I run out of my filter stash and my dealers don't have it in stock, which filter(s) are best replaced the PCX-004 made by Toyo Roki ?

Are these filters will do:
Motorcraft FL-1A ?
Purolator 24458 or 20073 ?
WIX 51344 or 51347 or 51568 ?
Bosch 3323 or 3312 ?
Mobil1 M1-110 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back