8.8 Ford differential cover torque spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the torque spec for the ten bolts holding on the diff cover of my 2005 Ranger. It has the 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears. A Google search turned up 33 ft-lbs for one of the F-150 rear diffs but I couldn't find anything specifically for my Ranger.

Anyone have any ideas? If not, I'm just gonna do 33 ft-lbs and call it good.

Thanks! I just got everything torqued down to 25 ft-lbs.

While we're on the subject of my rear diff, is it safe to put the new oil in it right now before the RTV sealant cures completely or should I wait. I am not going to drive the truck for 24 hrs because that is how long it takes to cure but if I just put the gear oil and LS additive in tonight, will it hamper the curing process?

Also, how long should this new fill be in service before another change? I'm using Valvoline Durablend which is a synthetic blend gear oil. The truck has 70k miles on it now and as far as I know, this is the first time the diff oils have been changed. I bought the truck with 24k and I don't know what maintenance was done prior to me taking ownership of it.

In that truck I'd leave it in for 50K.

Go ahead and fill it it will not hinder anything

We use RightStuff sealer and it gets no cure time before our customers leave and I have never had a return for a leak

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back