Production Date For Quaker State Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I am hoping someone will be able to tell me the date my oil was manufactured on. The following is the date and time stamp from one of the bottles:

HIPHA831-8/06098 09:32

I can see the time but cannot fully confirm the month and year.

Called Quaker State and after asking my question they start asking me questions. Which is fine except their interpretation of the date changed three times during our conversation. So, I am looking for a second opinion. I bought several cases of this oil and can still return it if need be.

Thanks for any help

That can't be. They'd have to change their code format every 10 years then if they only used a single digit for their year.

Look at it that way - there's 5 digits and at least two is needed for the year on any scalable assembly line, and the rest must be the date. The answer is pretty clear - April 8, 2006 (year 06, day 098).

The only other possible explanation is day 60 of year 1998, but it'd be pretty easy to tell the difference. If it's actually 1998, the oil will be API SJ rated. If it's SL, it's post-2001. SM, post-2004.

Pretty sure OilNerd is correct. I have a bottle of QS sitting next to me that I bought a few years back and it has the date code of 02147 = Feb. 14, 2007.

Pennzoil bottles have the production date as well. My Pennzoil GT bottles have 21AUG09 stamped on them and my old 5 quart jug (which has a quart left in it) has 18AUG09 on it.

Thanks very much for the replies.

After much searching I found a press release for my product, which is Quaker State Q-torque full synthetic. The press release says that the product will be availble to the public by August 2006.

I knew from the numbers on the bottle that the production year could only be either 2006, 2008, or 2009. I was hoping to elimiate 2006 since that was just a little too old for me.

So, it looks like OilNerd got the date correct (June 9th, 2008).

Thanks again for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back