Bar's TEC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner with good results, as well as good old GM Top Engine Cleaner I can't get in Cali anymore.

That Bar's JDM stuff is similar to the Mopar stuff, which can also be had at a boat house as a generic TEC or combustion chamber cleaner.

Originally Posted By: nthach
I've used Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner with good results, as well as good old GM Top Engine Cleaner I can't get in Cali anymore.

That Bar's JDM stuff is similar to the Mopar stuff, which can also be had at a boat house as a generic TEC or combustion chamber cleaner.

Did you notice much difference in the performance between the Mopar/Bar's products and the GM version? The fact that it is no longer available in the CA market makes me wonder what, if anything, may have been significantly different about it.

Neither the Mopar or GM TEC is available in CA. I think the Mopar stuff was very similar to the Wynn's combustion chamber cleaner, and that stuff is still available.

Never used the Bar's product, but I've used the Amsoil product many times with great success in 2 cycle equipment. I can honestly say the Power Foam is one of the few products that actually works as advertised right out of the can.

If I was going to use either product in my car/truck, I'd do it right before I changed the oil.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/apf.aspx

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Neither the Mopar or GM TEC is available in CA. I think the Mopar stuff was very similar to the Wynn's combustion chamber cleaner, and that stuff is still available.

Try West Marine - you'll be looking for Valvtect Marine Motor De-Carb. It's the same thing as the Mopar/GM stuff. I grabbed a can to have on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back